Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-05-2008, 04:17 AM

Default Think i paid too much for a Fly Eye

$329.00 to be exact. It was for a brand new, NOS unit still in the bag. Ive seen bad ones beat up and going for $175.00, and I really dont know what possessed me to get this, but i spent very close to $36,000 on my car over a six year period, and I figgured what the heck. It is a key Motion looking part that my car didnt have. Well, time to put in some OT.

Anyway, I saw another post here for one let me tell ya, grab it for what ya can.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Think i paid too much for a Fly Eye

If I miss the one on ebay, I also will have to pony up to the 300 dollar fly eye trough. I am in the same boat you are. Too much money spent now to miss out on the only part I have left to buy.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 AM

Something is worth what YOU are willing to pay for it... Every time something sells for more than someone else would pay, people pile on to say it was too much, but the fact is, if you wanted it, paid the price, and got it, that's all that really matters. There's no comparing used stuff to NOS either IMO. I remember the first time an NOS rosewood steering wheel topped 1000.00 and everyone went nuts. Now if you can find a good used one for that its a good price. A recent thread about Motion emblems also touched on the premium paid for NOS stuff over used stuff, and there are 1000 other examples people could provide. Heck, as we speak there's a new thread commenting on what someone else paid for a nova fan. I have a whole room full of stuff I "paid too much for"...and I bet alot of others here do too. Besides... if being cool was cheap, everybody'd be cool...right?

Oh, and btw... you paid way too much.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Nice Joe, and you didn't wish the fellow a happy birthday!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Got any photos of your car with this fly eye.........
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Thanked 1,660 Times in 487 Posts

does it have a flat snap ring or round wire snap ring?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something is worth what YOU are willing to pay for it... Every time something sells for more than someone else would pay, people pile on to say it was too much, but the fact is, if you wanted it, paid the price, and got it, that's all that really matters. There's no comparing used stuff to NOS either IMO. I remember the first time an NOS rosewood steering wheel topped 1000.00 and everyone went nuts. Now if you can find a good used one for that its a good price. A recent thread about Motion emblems also touched on the premium paid for NOS stuff over used stuff, and there are 1000 other examples people could provide. Heck, as we speak there's a new thread commenting on what someone else paid for a nova fan. I have a whole room full of stuff I "paid too much for"...and I bet alot of others here do too. Besides... if being cool was cheap, everybody'd be cool...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY WELL SAID JOE, I WOULD HAVE IF YOU HAD NOT!! COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!! I TOO HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT BUT WHATEVER IT WAS I BOUGHT MADE ME HAPPY AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!

RICH
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY WELL SAID JOE, I WOULD HAVE IF YOU HAD NOT!! COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!! I TOO HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT BUT WHATEVER IT WAS I BOUGHT MADE ME HAPPY AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!

RICH

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of you are nuts....

Steve
Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM

There was another thread that mentioned this same fly eye part. One of our regulars, budnate, is supposed to have a big stash of them. Try contacting him.
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...e/0#Post316346

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 AM

He's nuts too.