Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-23-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Petition GM for all GM car info ???

I like many others on here am upset that GM is not doing anything about the GM Chevrolet & other cars, list that Jim Mattison was trying to accomplish. I do not see what it would hurt for this list to be available to those that are interested and willing to pay for it?

So, with that thought in mind, I would like to suggest that we as a group of interested and mostly GM car people, instigate a petition and present it to GM. It would show them that their customers have a big interest in this list. If they can do it for just the Pontiac people, then why not as a group let them know just how many others are really interested in this matter?

I feel sure that leaders of most of the other GM car forums would be glad to have their respective members sign it. Perhaps if we take the rest of this upcoming year to get as many signatures anywhere we can and then present it to GM, perhaps that would convince them that there is a need for this to happen.

There is power in numbers and perhaps that is what it will take to get GM to open their records to Jim M or someone else. I don't know Jim M. or anything bad about him, but perhaps someone else may have better luck. In my opinion he would be the best one to do it, but perhaps he has a unknown enemy in GM, or Chevrolet, that he is unaware of that is scuttling the project?

I would think that all GM collector car guys would be interested in this coming about. What ever it takes to get this accomplished should be given the old college try. If enough of us sign it then perhaps GM might realize how important it is to history.

Please chime in on this subject if there are other reasons or theorys about this that may affect this happening?
I think we should put the upcoming entire new year as the end of time to get signatures everywhere we can. If we get as many as I think are out there, GM may go ahead and release the info we desire. Either that or we all band together and threaten to boycott their products! (Just kidding)

Chime in and let us know what you think?

Pantera
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Petition GM for all GM car info ???

I would sign it. GM already has my info from my recent Impala purchase.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:09 PM

Count me in

72 SS 350 4spd Camaro
74 Z28 Automatic
80 Z28 4spd
94 Z28 Automatic
Old 12-23-2004, 10:16 PM

No brainer.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 PM

I'm in on this one. It would be great to get some informaton on my car. I'm the President of the Camaro club in the Minneapolis area and if you were thinking of having a petitions signed. I would willing to bring it to every show that we put on and that I attend and hand them out to the members to bring to all the shows that they attend to get as many people as we can to sign it. Like you said the more signatures we can get the better chance they will see the importance it has. If you guys decide to pull the trigger on this drop me a PM so that I can get the dirt on what we need to do to help out. Oh if you guys would like to check out our club web site it's www.northstarcamaroclub.com. We have a cool screensaver that most of you might like. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Jesse
Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 PM

That worked really well to save the Camaro too... not to be the sceptic, but if GM actually listened to what its customers wanted, we wouldn't be stuck with the NEW car choices from them that we have now...I appriciate the idea Pantera, as I'm sure everyone here does, but do you really think they're gonna care much about what a list of people with cars they sold 30 years ago have to say? I'd sign it too, but unfortunately I don't think it will make much difference.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:30 PM

I'm in. Larry I will PM you with respect to my connection within GM North America (very high up) and how we can possibly leverage it.

I believe one important key here is to also demonstrate our current commitment to the company i.e.(our daily drivers). If they are approached by a bunch of guys with old cars, it would be hard for them to understand how they can make money from this endevor.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 PM

Hmm. Daily driver? Sorry to say I am not driving a Chevy. Look at their website. Yuck! All the more reason they need to hear from us. JMO.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:46 PM

It doesn't have to be a Chevy. Any GM product will do. The key is for them to understand that we are people who make them money.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I'd pay for any records they had on my car. Heck, I'd volunteer to help organize the data if they needed it. This is for the best interest of the hobby!