Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 11-25-2004, 08:28 AM

Default 72 Rally Nova & 72 Plain Jane Nova Projects

1972 Rally Nova, original Ohio car so it is a rust bucket, lot worse than I thought when I bought it. This car has never been apart so it's pretty much all there. Gas tank was changed due to being rotted out. Numbers matching 350 ci, turbo 350, auto on floor. This car does run but I would not go far without lots of work. 3rd gear is out of the trans. 8.2 non-posi rear end. Master brake cylinder leaks.
Buckets, console and deluxe interior package, all salvagable. PS, PB disc brakes, rear defrost. I have some sheet metal to go with the car depending on the price. Asking $1800.

1972 plain jane Nova. came from California, still have CA title and plates, never changed it into Ohio. Does not run, story I got is it has been sitting since 1987 when it was wrecked in the right front fender. It did not hit the frame, just needs inner fender and rad support. This is a very clean car as far as rust. As for rust holes, there are three smalls rust holes under the front windshield (which needs replaced anyways), that's it!! There is surface rust in spots but nothing serious. The frame rails, floor and trunk pan are like new. Quarters, inner and outers need small dent repairs but NO rust repairs. Doors and front fenders are replacements (not repops) but solid, right front fender has a metal patch.
Someone swiped several parts off the engine while it was sitting and I have not tried to turn the motor over so I do not know the condition of it. It is the numbers matching motor 350 ci, turbo 350 column shift, think it's an 8.2 rear. AC, manual steering and brakes. This car still has the spiral shocks and original exhaust system on it.
Both seats are there but the front seat was taken apart. No headliner or door panels. Lots of parts to go with this also. Should be about everything there you need to put it together. Oh ya, no keys to this car. $3500

Make a deal on both or will consider interesting trades, no projects though. Can be seen 30 miles east of Toledo, Ohio.

Home number 419-665-2739 leave a message or if you want to talk, call in the evening, please no calls after 10:00 pm est. I just won't answer the phone if I'm not awake. Or email [email protected]
http://community.webshots.com/album/72772878JlqJHG
http://community.webshots.com/album/104082227JrZwYT/1
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 72 Rally Nova & 72 Plain Jane Nova Projects

I believe your cars would have the 8.5 rear. GM switched from the 8.2 and 12bolt and went to 8.5 in 1972 for all Novas.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: 72 Rally Nova & 72 Plain Jane Nova Projects

Did a double take on the rearends. The Rally has an 8.2 which looks like someone might have put this in so maybe it was an 8.5 originally.
I stand corrected on the plain jane, it is an 8.5.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Mark.