Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 10-16-2004, 10:12 PM

Default 1970 RA IV Judge

I just received my Collector Car magazine. In it, it talks about the soaring values of GTO's in general (in the auctions section). The most recent Hemmings talks about a likely cool off. I know it is a situation that is difficult at best to predict, but I'd like to find an honest assessment of the market and the likely duration of the strong prices.

Has anybody read any informative articles lately? If so, please let me know. I know that many GTO's are popular, but does anybody think a 1970 Ram Air IV Judge with full documentation and the best options could top $100K? What about $200K? Could they follow the e-body hemis?

I am curious about people's insight.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-17-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 1970 RA IV Judge

You read all kind of stuff about what these cars are selling for. I have read about a couple $100,000 Judges already but dont know if that was the selling price or the asking price. Never seen any concrete price info. I think these RAIV cars will keep escalating in price. Not many made in 69-70. Way less left now. I see nice clone cars fetching 35-40,000. A nice stock 350HP GTO is bringing like $20-30,000 as I look at the national Deals on Wheels. As long as demand exceeds supply the prices will continue to go up. Jim
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 AM

I've heard & know about a few nice 70 RAIV up there in price. The convert raiv Judges seem to be in a league of their own.Alot of new pontiac colectors I assume have spurred the interest. Whatever the market bears I love the cars
... collector of 69/70 RAIV Birds/ Judges
Old 10-18-2004, 08:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Rathbone

You have to look at where the money is coming from to drive the prices to this level. That will tell you where the prices will go.

I believe the money is coming from baby boomers who are now empty nester's but pre-retirement age. They have cash and time to spend on things they've wanted for a long time but have been putting off. If this is the case, the drive will last until they begin to retire and choose to downsize their living expenses. Of course the very successful of them will escalate their collections at the same time. I think the prices will stay high until they die off. By then I'll be too old to care anymore.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:44 PM

I would say most of them are probably babyboomers. I think most of them were collectors of muscle cars before, & have discovered how rare & "cool" the Pontiacs are. I'm 37, & have been into "only" pontiacs for 20+ yrs. I would not want to try to pay for 4 raiv cars I have @ today's market prices. I believe they will con't to increase in value. i'm glad a flock of collectors are getting into the pontiac mix, it will bring more diversity in.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:59 PM

Problem is is that when these cars are sold there is such deception as to what the selling price was by buyer and seller. The buyer wants to keep it quiet and the seller wants to tell everybody he sold it for more than he did. These higher end collectors keep to themselves and don't like people to know what they have or how much their cars are worth. Can't say as i blame them becouse their always getting bugged by brokers. I think that muscle car values will keep going up as long as the economy stays strong. Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles havent hit there stride yet, i would think they will climb higher yet. I would expect mopars to drop as i don't see why they are so much higher than anything else, but im a chebby man anyways, so what do i know
Old 10-18-2004, 11:56 PM

I agree, seems very secretive @ times. Seems like these cars go for big$$$ @ auctions too. I love the hobby, really never branched out of 69-72 ponchos. I see you're from up north, alot bof great cars went up there. My 69 raiv bird convert came out of Canada.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I say hold onto your hats. Its still going up and some of the prices that I have seen would shock most !!
And you knuclehead, I will bite my tongue about your remark
(Can't say as i blame them becouse their always getting bugged by brokers)like all the others you have made.
If It wasnt for me alot of these cars would not have been found for the SERIUOS BUYERS..If I remember correctly didnt you call on a broker to find you some cars? Sorry got lost !!
I tell my clients to BUY now not tommarow. Cause after BJ they going to go up again. Every car is going up from a 6 banger to the V8's. Its a food chain down..
I was told this by a big collector in California yesterday that made alot of sence.

The people who are crying about the prices of today when a car could have been bought yesterday for 20K, wouldnt have bought that car for 20K then either. And that is a fact !!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:11 AM

AMEN Rich
Old 10-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

(knucle)Lets hear why you think the Mopars are going to drop !!! You seem to be very knowledgable at this