Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted

Please note

Old 09-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Default 1969 COPO Camaro w/Documentation

Do you guys believe that these cars will continue to appreciate at the current pace? Any ideas? Thank you. I am not a dealer.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 53076-69-COPO-Camaro-RS-030.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-05-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 1969 COPO Camaro w/Documentation

I think they will still increase in value but at a slower rate. I can't believe they will increase like they have in the last year. A good example is the ZL1s, about a year ago you could get one for 150K now you can't touch one for less than 275K! Do I think they are worth these prices? Yes, if Cobra's are selling for this kind of money there is know reason a ZL1 should not be in the same price range, they are just as exotic. When BKH had his Camaro for sale for 150K, I thought that was kind of high but not now! I won't belong before the matching number frame off Yenko Camaros will be pushing 200K. The Yenko Chevelles have always been under priced but I will bet you can't touch one of them for less than 125K. The Deuces have been edging up to 50K and you get one the quality of Kevin Hand's Hugger Orange you could be pushing 70K! I know one thing, if I had the money LV's ZL1 would be sitting in my garage! That is a gorgeous car! I would also talk him out of that "new" Hugger Orange Camaro that he has! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Thanks for the information. Who is the person to see to find a genuine COPO? There is a Hugger Orange RS version offered by World Wide Muscle Cars by (I think) one of the guys who uses this web site. Is the $125K price reasonable? I have followed the WWMC site for some time and the dealer has nice vehicles, but they all seem to be pretty pricey? Fred Gustat, Illinois, (815) 223-5828
Old 09-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,005 Posts

Welcome aboard Fred. If all things stay the same, you will very much enjoy the info you receive here.

Check with the COPO Connection, their link is on the main page. Ed is the man with the numbers. As far as locating one for you, there are MANY members on this board that can help you if that is what you are looking for.
Rick N.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 09-06-2003, 04:10 AM

Fred
Not to tlk you out of buying one of these cars but BEWARE.These cars went skyhigh back in the late '80's when the stock market tanked and people who were not really into these cars put their money into them because of the 15-20% year gains (or more).. The Wall Street Journal had regular columns about the high returns on collector cars. When the market boomed again the car prices crashed for close to 10 years. When the stock market tanked 3 years ago the prices really started to get high again. Also based upon your first post it seems like besides wanting a Copo, monetary gain is what you are looking for in the long term-at least that's some of the impression I get. My opinion is all the high dollar cars will get a significant value adjustment towards the minus side once the stock market comes back very strong. It will not be the value of the cars 3-4 years ago but will be significant enough that some regret their decision(ones who bought the cars late in the game when prices are maxed out-maybe like now??). Besides we are into buying these cars for the love of them 1st and monetary gains are not the first reason why we buy them. Right? Of course this is my opinion and I'm sure I will get flamed by others.
Dave
P.S. If you read the old musclecar mags from the late '80's the same tone of "these cars will continue increasing each year" was the theme. I remember reading about one guy buying a '68-'69 Hemi Roadrunner for 60 grand and two years later could not get 40K for it. Can't remember the $numbers but he took a bath.There were many others.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:09 AM

I would completely agree with the last post from whitetop. As a former corporate VP for a large brokerge firm, his comments regarding the inverse relationship between collector cars and the stock market is pretty accurate. Buy the car if you love it, making money on your collector car in the long run is pure bonus. Just my opinion.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:01 AM

Just found these two Fred.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2431421291

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2431491892
[email protected]
Old 09-06-2003, 10:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

oh... Isn't that the dreaded burnished brown 'copo'?? So has that one been determined to be the real deal or is it a re-bodied clone of some sort?? Not trying to start a rumor or anything, I just know this car has been discussed ALOT in the past and I just want the facts. Can anyone shed some light on this for the rest of us who are unsure? Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 10:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Beautiful car non the less.. I was always in the thought that brown looked good on paneling, snickers bars and turds.. but DAMN, it looks good on that Camaro [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 12:57 PM

You are right about the the stock market having alot to do with the price of some of these cars! The early 90s were a prime example. There was a lot of speculation on all muscle cars back then, and they all took a big hit! For whatever reason this time it seems that the Chevys have really taken off, especially the Camaros. The difference now people are better educated as to the history of the Yenkos,COPOs, and the ZL1s and see the historic value. I'm sure prices will level out and may even go down but these cars will always be a valuable part of automobile history. The way it looks with the chaos in the middle east and this recession, I don't look for a drop in value for a long time to come, if ever. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]