Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Heavily documented REAL 1971 Olds W30 convertible

1 of 110 total 1971 442 W30 Convertibles built - 1 of 74 with M40 TH400 Auto - 1 of ?? very few factory A/C cars.

Much like LS6 Chevelle's, W30 Olds cars are impossible to verify without REAL paperwork and owner history. This fact has led to far more fakes and UFO's than GM ever built. This W30 convert has an absolutely staggering amount of real factory paperwork including its original window sticker, multiple build sheets, real POP, original books, etc, etc... just unbelievable docs and 2 owner history.

I bought the car in 2005 and had a concours level, 1400+ hour restoration done by Midwest Musclecar Restorations. Every nut, bolt, and component is factory original. 100% GUARANTEED in writing original factory installed matching numbers engine, transmission, rear, carb,and distributor PERIOD. I consider this car to be one of the best W30 convertibles in existence, and the paperwork and history is second to none.

Since the resto I have painstakingly sorted, tuned, and perfected the car to my ridiculously high standards. It is the best running and driving W Machine you will ever find. The air blows ice cold and every component fuctions as new or better. Drive it anywhere with 100% confidence, heck, drive it to any show, collect your trophy, and drive it home with the A/C on and the factory FM radio playing!

Lots of pics and more details are on my website, please use this link:

http://www.colinsclassicauto.com/detail.php?car=343

Asking $250k.

More pictures and tons of detailed photos of car or docs happily provided to serious buyers.

Thanks for looking!

Colin
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 AM

Thanked 5,369 Times in 1,882 Posts
Default Re: Heavily documented REAL 1971 Olds W30 convertible

I have seen this car in person...and it is stunning!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 AM

Beyond stunning, absolutely perfect, perfect color combo and the docs are amazing a once in a lifetime type W30 given the amount of fraud now taking place in the W30 world. I bet Colin cooks a waffle and decides to keep this car?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM

All I can say is ....

Incredible is only one of many words to talk about this car. As with every car, finding original is one thing, finding paperwork is another. Way too cool!!!!

The hardship of being an Olds fan, paperwork!!! A warehouse fire in, I believe, 1974 took care of most of the companies paperwork and microfische. If you can find paperwork on an Olds, you have the only proof a person can have.

Again, a fantastic looking and rare production car!!

Rusty Small
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Wow Colin…. what an absolutely beautiful automobile. Today finding a legitimate W30 has become almost next to impossible. Then finding a car with this level of documentation and pedigree is impossible. The color combo and restoration of this particular car is second to none. Cars of this caliber and quality don’t come up for sale often… if at all. The legitimate Olds W30s that remain have become so prized with the serious collectors today that this car will definitely move quickly. I just hope you don’t regret letting this beauty go. Good luck/w sale! RM
Old 09-09-2008, 01:18 AM

Colin
Beautiful car. Best of luck with the sale. I am always interested in seeing these cars set the bar higher.

Paul
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad I am not alone in thinking it is such a special car It was a once in a lifetime find being able to buy a completely unmolested and untouched W Machine drop top from the little old lady school teacher who bought it from the original owner in 1974. I've never seen a better documented one or one with all the goofy original W30 stuff and every nut and bolt it left the factory with still there either! For example, the trunk mat is the original one from new - and all the Olds guys know those are made from some funky felt type material that usually turned to dust when exposed to daylight
I bought another '71 W30 A/C Convert from the original owner in 1988 and it was my daily driver for many years (still own most of it - long, sad story ) so I looked for literally years to find this car. Call them what you will, chicken lips, hen's teeth, loch ness monsters, whatever, but real W30 converts with real docs are just nearly impossible to find.

I know I will regret selling the car, but hopefully somebody that appreciates it, its history, and stunning restoration will add it to their collection and I can get visitation rights

Thanks again for all of the positive comments and inquiries.

Best regards,
Colin
Old 09-10-2008, 02:00 AM

Thanked 1,881 Times in 762 Posts

I just love 442's
Old 09-13-2008, 03:46 AM

Visitation rights??? So wait a minute if I buy the car as part of the deal I have to give you visitation rights???? Can you clarify that a littel bit? Like do you get to just come and look or can you actually touch and hug the car? Would we have joint custody and I would have residential custody? Would some states like CA consider this a common law marriage between us? Would these be conjugal visits? Would there be a guardian to spuervise your visits if I wasn't there?????Visitation rights is a pretty broad topic to be left so ambiguous don't you think?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:11 AM

Thanked 2,629 Times in 1,174 Posts