Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Unrestored Time Capsule 1969 Boss 429

Thanks for all of the positive comments, guys. They are greatly appreciated. I've put great effort into collecting not only the "right" cars but also the right examples of these cars, if that makes sense. I didn't want to make a list of the best muscle cars ever and then just plug the spot with the first one to come along...so I waited years in some cases to get worthy examples.

If you go to my website you'll notice I just posted this Boss 429, my 69.5 A12 Road Runner, and my "his and hers" W30 442 pair, all cars I swore I'd NEVER sell and have owned for years. Problem is my "never for sale" collection has grown pretty big and with the limited time I have to play with the cars I find many sit more than I'd like. So, I just put a few up for grabs. I'll sell one or two and then pull the others from the market. I also need to free up a little cash for a pretty unique little "snake" barn find I just dragged home...I promise as soon as it gets a bath and some clean clothes I'll debut it here first

Oh, I think it goes without saying this Boss 429 is priced very reasonably-I've seen B9's both restored and unrestored that don't hold a candle to this one sell for a lot more money. If you've ever thought of adding a B9 to your collection fly to Milwaukee and check it out, you won't believe how good it really is.

Again, thank you very much for the positive comments.

Colin
Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 AM

Was this white 9 in Arkansas in the last few years?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 AM

You might be thinking of the white B9 that was located and then purchased by Jacky Jones and Bob Perkins then re-sold. If so Colin's is light years ahead of that car. Colin's car in a normal muscle car market not in a financial economic meltdown market is a 375K car. Its priced cheaply for the level of car it is.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 AM

I don't recall the names, but the two white 9s I know of locally have been kept under very tight cover. One similar to Colin's car, most likely not the same as his or the one you speak of.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Gotta say that I'm really not a Mustang fan at all, but there is something about a Boss '9 that greatly appeals to me and this white one looks like the one to have. Maybe it's the giant hood scoop or maybe its' the subtle, under-stated graphics (compared to a Mach 1 or a Shelby) but I think that they are one of the best musclecars ever to come out of Detroit. There are certain events in life where you always remember where you were when you seen or heard about whatever, well, I think that everybody remembers where they were the first time you happened to see one of these with the hood open. That wall-to-wall engine is an impressive sight!