Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 06-07-2008, 03:40 AM

Default Re: WARNING! BEWARE OF CamaroWorld/Tracy Fields

Sorry to bump such a lousy thread, but I wanted to pass along this guy's current eBay username (my69z28302) that he is actively selling parts under. I want to be careful to note that I have no proof that he is selling stolen items on eBay, but that deduction would say he has some SOME stolen parts before based on other available info.

Some people might find some items of theirs in his auctions, who knows. I would not have found out about this guy's select past unless he shipped me damaged goods and refused to reply to my messages. I know my problems with him are nothing compared to others, but maybe this info will help others.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy's current eBay username (my69z28302) that he is actively selling parts under. I want to be careful to note that I have no proof that he is selling stolen items on eBay, but that deduction would say he has some SOME stolen parts before based on other available info.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think that this is possibly the same guy?

I am seeing 3 negatives recently...
I looked up his feedback, and I am seeing that he is listed as a "power seller"...

eBay's Power Seller abbreviated statement:

" This icon next to a member's user ID means that the seller meets the criteria for being a PowerSeller - consistent sales volume, 98% total positive Feedback, eBay marketplace policy compliance, an account in good financial standing, and beginning in July 2008, detailed seller rating (DSRs) of 4.5 or higher in all four DSRs - item as described, communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling charges. If a seller no longer complies with any one of the above requirements, they are removed from the program."

Now, I suppose you could
1: Bid on his items, win them, and then get his correct ebay profile from their site,
or
2: Try contacting prior winners to see if they have any info to share.

I looked up his domain and it is currently registered, but not active.
If one was purchasing thru his website, I suppose you could contact the host server for his site and find out if you have any support from them.

Here is his host server:
www.networksolutions.com

Sounds like a terrible situation!

There used to be a Camaro place here locally, now closed up, that used to take in payments from out of state and then would randomly choose the buyer he wasnt going fulfill that purchase with.
Needless to say, however, it finally caught up with him.

Sorry to hear this has occurred!
Hopefully this gentleman will choose to correct his current habits.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 AM

To all that read this,
My name is 2LT Tracy Fields Jr. I am currently serving in Iraq. The above postings are about my father, Tracy Fields Sr. They posting are all true and you are dealing with a criminal who as stolen money not only from you but his family as well. He has runied the credit of my sister and put her on the hook for $20,000. I am writing as an advicate for those who have been ripped off by him. Along with another person who was ripped off by him are trying to putogether a list of every body who has been taken by this guy. Our hope is to see him punished leagally. If you have information that we could use to help build the case please email me at [email protected] If you live out side of the state of TX is is even more important that that you contact me. Building a federal case aginst him will be that much easier. I am sorry if you have been taken by my father but not acting is the worst thing you can do.
Respectfully,
Tracy Fields Jr.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:46 AM

Hi Tracy - Thank You you for speaking up and trying to help. Must be very difficuly for you and your family.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you think that this is possibly the same guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 100% the same guy, no doubt about that. I was merely speculating whether the items he was selling were meant for cars he was "restoring" which means someone else paid for the parts. He had great feedback on eBay, but that does not mean he was not selling stolen goods He was simply a very prompt shipper and described the items properly. I am hopeful he is in jail now.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Wow... the buy it now prices on his completed auctions were stupid low... an original 14 x 6 69 camaro disk brake ralley for a BIN of $25... there are too many to even look at... all LOW BIN's...

hmmm... a low BIN gets the item sold without any local traffic plus it is off of ebay as quickly as possible thus in front of the fewest sets of eyes possible... Very clever...
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

To 2nd LT Tracy Fields Jr: You exemplify our US soldiers and I sincerely applaud you for not only standing up for our country, but also standing up for what is right under the most difficult of circumstances. You are truley an "officer and a gentleman"! My best of luck to you and all of those impacted by a person so desperate they would swindle their own family.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all that read this,
My name is 2LT Tracy Fields Jr. I am currently serving in Iraq. The above postings are about my father, Tracy Fields Sr. They posting are all true and you are dealing with a criminal who as stolen money not only from you but his family as well. He has runied the credit of my sister and put her on the hook for $20,000. I am writing as an advicate for those who have been ripped off by him. Along with another person who was ripped off by him are trying to putogether a list of every body who has been taken by this guy. Our hope is to see him punished leagally. If you have information that we could use to help build the case please email me at [email protected] If you live out side of the state of TX is is even more important that that you contact me. Building a federal case aginst him will be that much easier. I am sorry if you have been taken by my father but not acting is the worst thing you can do.
Respectfully,
Tracy Fields Jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

God Bless You son. I am sorry for your troubles while serving our great country. Good luck to your family.