Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - Canada

Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Belmont and Harveys

It would be something for someone to get these four cars together and restore them to their race condition. Even one done would be nice. Harry Sherry in Warsaw, east of Peterborough, did all the body and paint work. I remember seeing all the cars lined up across the front of his shop with the car carrier beside the building. Quite impresive, especially in Warsaw.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

GOOD STUFF GUYS!!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM

In a local news article Harry Sherry says that the Cyclone Spoiler from the Ford race team is in Alberta. Just need to find the other two. I can't imagine a person having one of these cars and not knowing what it is/was.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01686729GPkWOx
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01686729lPqSXw

These pictures were taken at Harry's shop in Warsaw.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Belmont and Harvys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any pictures of the Turk's ride? He had a fast white 1968 Camaro with a rat motor...

[/ QUOTE ]

Turk's Camaro was an factory L78 car.He blew the motor up and had a "special"warrenty replant 427-425 dropped in.Later he added a big cam,tunnel ram,headers and gears.It was called the Commonlaw.A buddy of mine bought the car and drove it on the street.It ran low 11s which was pretty quick in those days.Man that car was fast.Even with 11.50 slicks it was a hand full in 1st&2nd and didn't hook till 3rd gear on the street.Alot of cars would pull a couple of lengths on him out of the hole but once that car hit 3rd it was all over.Last time I heard Turk was doing boat tours in Florida.He was a wild man.All the cops knew him well.I remember one night they pulled him into the station for probably his 10 DUI.He wouldn't blow and when the Sargent took him aside for a little talk,Turk smacked him right in the face.The boys really beat him up bad that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ziggy!