Default Re: A QUESTION FOR ALL

[ QUOTE ]
My eight year old daughter love the cars. She says there "Old School"..BKH

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> WOW. Now I feel "old school" </font>
Old 04-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

My mother in law says that at least she knows what my father in law is under...not WHO!
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, &amp; other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 04-20-2005, 08:25 AM

My Wife is all for me and my car addiction.If not for my wife being the understanding Woman she is I would have no classic cars.She will go once in a while with me to a show or cruise but I have to behave!No fast acceleration,no speed contest,no shifting gears hard and making her get thrown around in the car.She just does not like that at all.But when I go by myself or my soninlaw is with me I have been known to misbehave pretty badly!LOL.It is a ton of fun playing around!My Wife does not dislike old cars but She just is not that much into them.She does like looking at them at Carshows, and meeting people.I thought that She did not know that much about them but one night we were sitting by the 67 chevelle SS and a couple came up and started asking questions about the car and some pretty technical ones at that.Well my Wife spoke up and was answering all th equestions! I was totally amazed.I will never accuse her of not paying attention to me when I am telling her about the cars and the things I am doing because she does pay attention!After the couple left and they were amazed that a Woman answered the questions and not Me! I asked my Wife how she knew all the answers to those questions that that couple was asking.She just looked at me and Smiled really big and said never underestimate the knowledge of a woman!I just smiled very proudly,I was extremely proud of her knowing those answers.Some of the questions were! What size is the engine,my Wife said well it did have a 427 in it but know it has a 67 model 396 block bored 60,thousands which either makes it a 408 or a 409 cubic inch engine,edelbrock aluminum heads,custom steel crank,Manley Hbeam rods,keith black forged pistons,roller cam and lifters and rocker arms,she actually had to ask me the name of the clutch,then she started again,it has a Richmond 6 speed transmission,and 3.73 gears with full positrasction. I was just totally amazed! I think I am going to get her to read some books I have and when I start building the spare engine for the drag car she will be my knowledge so I wont have to read ! I will just ask her.How many other guys on the site has a wife or girlfriend that can answer questions like that .I thought it was really cool she had gained all that knowledge
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cars are the nearest thing to the "other woman." My wife crabs when I spend money on my Camaro but my standard answer is: "Honey, it's cheaper than a girlfriend."

[/ QUOTE ] Mind if I barrow your answer?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:06 PM

Old 04-20-2005, 05:43 PM

BigBLock that reminds me...my wife and I were over at a friends house and when we left she said "Can you believe what so and so had on?" to which I replied...I didn't even know she was there. Then I got chastised for not paying attention...AHHH but here comes the switcheroo
I said can you believe Chris just put a new Vortec Supercharger on his Cobra...she said I never even saw it under the hood... (even after I pointed it out) I said "You never pay attention to me"
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, &amp; other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 05-07-2005, 12:32 AM

i was proud of the g/f the other day when she asked what "motor" that crankshaft was for. she lost interest when i told her it went in the engine i still needed to buy. she also got to looking around the garage and asked why i had 7 engines, the reply being for the next 7 cars i buy.