Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 12-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,088 Times in 1,075 Posts
Default Re: YENKO Supercar Leather Jackets

Got mine today inn a Fedex box but delivered by a guy in a Contractors pickup. Very Nice Jacket.. Thanks Steveoooo..
Old 12-11-2003, 12:51 AM

Got mine too.....very nice...smells damn good too....Merry Christmas to me !Thanks Steve... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 02:29 AM

Got mine today Steve. It's awesome, better then expected.Thanks again. By the way, I'm working on the boards, I haven't forgotten.
Bill
Old 12-11-2003, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.... By the way, I'm working on the boards, I haven't forgotten.
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

What kinda boards?? Don't tell me LV is taking up surfing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] He may need one of those "internets" himself! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 02:58 AM

No Joe...he is loading up his woodie with a board inside...its some type of operation I think.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:25 PM

Top secret covert operation. I cannot and will not devulge any additional information regarding agent Sandlins, I mean Mr Sandlins "BOARDS"
Old 12-11-2003, 02:41 PM

I bought my orig. leather jacket from Larry Weiner in around the early 90's.He was selling the shirts and hats.He was also selling stuff for Grand Spaulding Dodge. What would my jacket be considered?They were SOLD OUT at the time,so he says and had to locate me a jacket. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 03:19 PM

It's probably nuttin'...wanna sell it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

If it has the "Red Dawg" collar label, then it must be one of the original 5-6 jackets. The importer that originally ordered these jackets apparently had pre-sold a large number of jackets to various GM specialty/promotional distributors. When the importer suddenly disappeared [suffering financial problems], there were a number of "unfilled" orders that the distributors had to cancel [so goes the story]. There were apparently several batches of jackets sold to various GM dealers, but the importer never shipped the orders to the distributors. BTW...Red Dawg Leather Co. is most famous for the Red-White-Blue "Corvette" leather jacket. I'm told they produced over 10,000 of those jackets [I got one from the dealer I bought my '91 ZR1 from]. That Corvette jacket order is actually what kept the factory so busy that they never resolved the backorders for these "sYc-Yenko" jackets. Red Dawg was definitely the "horsepower" in leather jackets...you'll notice 2-3 "Camaro" and "Corvette" vintage jackets on eBay right now.

My guess is you have one of the originals. You and I apparently own 2 of the 5-6 made back in the late 80's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

SS
Old 12-12-2003, 01:45 AM

Steve,
I got my jacket, super nice item, thanks to all who were involved. First leather I ever owned that wasnt black with patches on the back, might take a bit of getting used to. if I wear ir riding my Harley it will be easier to be seen at night. I got a question that will get you guys grinning, a Yenko car must have solid documentation to be recognized as being the real deal, so where are the Doc's on our jackets? I would hate to see anyone fake or clone one, considering the cost/value that is not out of the question. Possibly we can get a letter of authenticity? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Really not a bad idea considering how nice these are and they are not available, it is concievable someone could do a cheap knock off copy, stranger things have happened in this world. Now I gotta go out and get a custom pair of color co-ordinated western boots made to match......I swear you guys will make a yuppie out of me yet! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But really, I was surprised at the quality of this jacket, these could almost rival a Brooks. Thanks to all involved.
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 02:40 AM

Yenko Jacket Certification can be done for a small price of a nice 20/OZ prime rib dinner and air fare