Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 09-29-2003, 06:19 AM

Default injured and not working

due to a work related injury "ruptured/torn r/shoulder rotater cuff" i've been put on a do not work status.i've been at home since tuesday and already got cabin fever.the doctor said possibly 4-6 months after the surgery i might be able to go back to work.so i'm going to be hanging around this site alot keeping myself busy ,hopefully making the time go by faster [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: injured and not working

I know how you feel Chuck, I had back surgery A couple of years ago and went through the same thing. Day time TV doesn't help at all to pass the time either. Hope you heal up quick.

Tommy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 03:55 PM

Hi Chuck
Have been on workers comp going on four years also on SSI
From a head injury I have seen so many Drs and to this day they really donít know whatís wrong [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img] I was a fleet mechanic/supervisor and fell off a loading dock and my head hit a cement pole at first it was hard to stay home but at least with me my days fly by
I was told that because of my head injury I lose time and thatís the hard part for me
My days go by too fast I usually hang on this site when I am a lot off pain to take my mind off it Boy you cam learn a lot here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif[/img] Any way good luck with your surgery

Old 09-29-2003, 05:43 PM

i actually injured my shoulder about a month and a half ago.the doctors thought it was just a shoulder strain,but i kept telling the doctors the pain won't go away and loss of movement in my arm"weakness".i'm also a diesel mechanic which i work on med. duty / heavy duty trucks.oh well later on today i'm going to see the doctor again to see if surgery is soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 07:11 PM

Thanked 2,629 Times in 1,174 Posts

Does a Paper cut count for anything?
It hurts.....
Old 09-29-2003, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does a Paper cut count for anything?
It hurts.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're a hemophiliac and bleed out pretty good..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 12:05 AM

musclcar
I use to help an oil truck mechanic awhile back--I could have been the poster boy for "Grease Monkey". Anyway --your job could be tough sometimes --Hope your shoulder heals quickly-------------JoeG [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 05:31 AM

got my second MRI results today,i've royally messed it up since originally tearing the rotator cuff 2 years ago.i've got damage to the tendons and ligaments and possibly permanent damage done.the doctor told me the type of work is what's injuring my shoulder and i'm only 42.so i got a big decision to make on my career path since i've been at this company now for 8 years. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:06 AM

Chuck, I know the feeling. On June 23 I was at work and my shoulder started killing me...couldn't raise it up to my head. Rotator cuff was screwed up. In my surgery they fixed the rotator cuff and then cut off about a 1/2 inch of my collar bone. The way it was explained to me it(collar bone) grows a spur on it as we get older and then the spur rubs our tendons. Don't put off the surgery!! Get it fixed asap!! The longer you put it off the worse it will get. Ask your Dr about the collar bone. Not all Dr's want to remove it. Have your Dr feel at the end of the collar bone. If there is alot of pain there....cut it!! The REAL fun starts in physical therapy. Hang in there!!
Chris [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 09:03 PM

thanks for the info i'm going back to the doctors next tuesday and surgery will be a week from this coming friday,and i can't wait.the pain meds just are'nt doing anything anymore.i had a long talk with my doctor about my current ocupation "medium / heavy duty diesel mechanic" and he advised me that this job is to much on a twice repaired shoulder and that i will have a very good chance on re-injuring it again.so i have alot of serious thinking to do about my future,i just don't know what to do!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]