Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 07-13-2024, 10:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Carlisle day 2 finds

Wanted to post a few pictures of my finds from Chryslers at Carlisle over the last few days. Obviously when you look at pictures you’ll notice a theme of ignition parts. I hate new stuff that fails. I like old stuff and points that works. I picked up all of the Super Coils for less than the price of 1 new Super Coil that will fail since all the nasty stuff was removed over the years.

My haul is:
5 Accel Super Coils, 1 NOS from the late 80’s.
2 Mallory VoltMaster 2 coils. I wish I found a couple more. I love these coils but they seem to be tougher to find and higher priced.
1 Mallory Rev Pol Transformer.
4 Holley Blue Pumps. They all run when 12 volts is connected and can easily be rebuilt if needed. All 4 cost far less than the price of 1 new one probably made in China.
4 old sets of Mallory points and NEW YC style condensers. I have no idea what these kits are for. But the old style condensers are a huge score and I love the old Mallory Double life and Rev Pol distributors.
1 Sun SST-801. Orange needle tach built in 1970. In nice shape. I’ll test it but I doubt there’s anything wrong with it. Movement seems very nice.
8 sets of Accel Points and 2 caps. All NOS. I love old points because they’re built much better than new ones. I’m friends with a gentleman that does high end Mopar distributor restoration. He won’t use a set of points manufactured in this century because the quality went so far downhill.
1 set of Lakewood Traction Action Bars. Not sure what they’re for but hopefully they’ll work well on one of my AMC’s.

Speaking of AMC, if you have an AMC double life of Rev Pol distributor you’re interested in selling reach out and let me know.

Hope you all enjoy the photos and if you can add any info to anything I purchased I’d love to hear it. I’m always interested in learning more about parts built decades before I was born.

Thanks guys.
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
BJCHEV396 (Yesterday), CC Rider (Yesterday), chevyandpontiac (Yesterday), Damien (Today), Dave Rifkin (Yesterday), dykstra (Today), L_e_e (Today), Tenney (Yesterday)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4535.jpeg IMG_4534.jpeg IMG_4533.jpeg IMG_4532.jpeg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM

You made a great score!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 69M22Z For This Useful Post:
LetsFNgo (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69M22Z View Post
You made a great score!!!
X2!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BJCHEV396 For This Useful Post:
LetsFNgo (Yesterday)
Old Today, 06:10 AM

Fantastic haul!
I concur with your thoughts on the new vs old theory and have buying vintage ignition parts especially, whenever I see them here in Australia.