Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,213 Posts
Default Re: 1 million dollar 69 Yenko SuperCar

Take a pic of this with you.

You can also go to the Tenn licensing authority and request the title history. Tell them it may (doesn't have to be a sure bet, but "may" be used for litigation.... which it may because if someone buys this car, you can pass on any info you find) and you can get the previous title info if they still have it. That is one of the Federal exceptions to privacy laws.

vin 124379N549828

previous title number: 15683268

Good luck.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2015, 12:01 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">previous title number: 15683268
</div></div>

It looks like 35683268 to me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
Old 10-15-2015, 12:24 AM

Thanked 4,716 Times in 2,176 Posts

VIN 124379N549828
VIN 124379N549878

Vins as Bruce laid out in the previous thread, there's two depending on which paperwork you want to look at.
Should come w/ a pair of hip waders, this car's fable is pure BS and even deeper than most [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 10-15-2015, 12:46 AM

Wheres the lien , bank loan info that's always on the front ?
Didn't the write up make a big deal of the loan &amp; settlement agreement with the estate ?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:11 AM

Thanked 5,375 Times in 1,885 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
VIN 124379N549828
VIN 124379N549878

Vins as Bruce laid out in the previous thread, there's two depending on which paperwork you want to look at.
Should come w/ a pair of hip waders, this car's fable is pure BS and even deeper than most [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
~ Pete

</div></div>

The credit for that work goes to John....I was just helping out [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2015, 01:58 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonesy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">previous title number: 15683268
</div></div>

It looks like 35683268 to me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] </div></div>

Of course, you are correct. Darn readers.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:00 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Day2_69Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheres the lien , bank loan info that's always on the front ?
Didn't the write up make a big deal of the loan &amp; settlement agreement with the estate ? </div></div>

Yes, but then one of the &quot;information&quot; boards said it had never been registered until 2006.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:10 AM

Thx for posting The true info guys
Lately into Beaumont SD's, 66,67,68 and 69 , including a 69 2 Dr Post Beaumont , an L78 2 Dr Post Chevelle LS6 Chevelle's, LS6 and L78 El Camino and Camaro fan ! Also 2 Cdn Documented COPO's, a COPO Camaro and COPO Chevelle Love GM Products
Old 10-15-2015, 03:20 AM

Jimmy Owens lived in Hartsville Tennessee, I met him about 25 years ago. At the time, I was restoring cars in Hendersonville for Cliff Ernst. Cliff had quite a collection of N.O.S GM sheetmetal and Jimmy inquired about buying a pair of full quarters for his 1969 Camaro, which he claimed to be a Yenko. I was able to sell him the quarters and offered to deliver them, as I was enthusiastic about seeing the body. So, I went to Hartsville and saw a very rough body and was not convinced of what was there. He had an assembled subframe with an engine built, but am unsure of what engine was there. He showed me his collection of parts he had acquired to build the car and we talked at length about the old car hobby. Jimmy and I spoke a few times after, but lost touch after a while. Fast forward a few years, Jimmy leverged most of his car parts and the reported Yenko to get a significant bank loan, so that he could buy in to and try to save a struggling local circle track. It was not a good deal. Jimmy, unfortunately fell ill and died. The bank held an auction on the property and sold everything trying to settle the loan default. I was at the auction and got so mad at how it was handled. The items were in lots and I bid and won several lots. Then the auction company dropped the bomb on us all. We hadn't bought anything. We just priced the items and the grand total was announced and all items were joined into one lot with the opening starting bid being the grand total. A brawl nearly erupted. I called a very good friend a G.M. parts expert, Yenko collector. and historian of Yenko info in Illinois about the body and was informed not to touch it as it was too early to be a Yenko. Two guys out of Florida bought everything and I spoke to one of them after the sale. He said I didn't know what I was looking at. He said it was a pilot car for the Yenko production. I just shrugged it off. (I have seen a lemans blue Yenko that was noted as the number one car anyways).This car has had many stories attached to it over the years by the people that bought and restored it. It's been a prototype C.O.P.O., it's been a pilot car/mule for Don Yenko to drive, it's been the first Yenko. Lots of hype. Who knows?

427 engine... oval port and square port builds

Muscle Car Mechanic and Engine Builds.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,491 Times in 611 Posts

Mike hey its Darrell; Carman Cook's son. How have you been!!??.. Thanks for clearing this up..