Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 05-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: PSA test and prostate cancer

If I can be a preacher one time, stay the heck away from aspartane and sacarin. They are nasty sugar substitutes, almost in everything (mouthwash, baby aspirin, toothpaste, diet soda,). Companies are quietly taking it out of stuff now. I did enough research based on my bladder cancer bout, and convinced myself that is part of my problem. A 5x dose of what we are allowed, proportionately given to mice, causes bladder cancer. I never drank enough water, thus never diluting what the bladder wall sees, when I injested this crap that seems to be everywhere in all our foods (even some ketchup). So I fixed that, and drink water like a fish now. I read all the labels on what enters my body now.

My personal doctor's sister died from drinking Tab (loaded with the stuff). My wife's aunts sister just died last year of something similar.

Done preachin...stay away from this stuff, and live longer. We are all predisposed to cancer, and have cancer cells lurking, it just takes something to trigger them.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Hey Charley, Ya listening you old fart? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2015, 10:29 PM

<span style="color: #CC0000">Very important topic here. There is a car show in So Cal devoted to prostate cancer awareness. I went to the very first one with my neighbor. They have a mobile testing unit available to anyone that wants to get tested....for free!! My neighbor (and I) took advantage of it and he ended up finding out he had prostate cancer!! They caught it early and he had the &quot;seeds&quot; implanted. That was 16 years ago and he's doing fine.....except for the hip surgery he's scheduled for next month!! By the way, that car show is called &quot;Cruisin' For A Cure&quot; and it's billed as the largest one day charity and save your life car show in the country!!. On a much sadder note, another friend found out too late that he had prostate cancer and it took his life a couple years ago. I ended up taking his wife to the car show last year and she was amazed at the number of people there and the reason for it in the first place. She is definitely an advocate for awareness!! It will now be an annual event for her.</span>
Old 05-15-2015, 12:45 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

A couple things.......I went thru this 3.5 years ago........My Doctor gave me my options......I had a friend that had the seed option and it spread anyway and he is no longer here........so....I chose to have it removed by Robotic Surgery.......Piece of Cake....The most difficult and painful part was when the Doctor pulled the Catheter out after a week......Yowsa!!!In my situation it worked out very well.......everything is pretty much back to normal.....Like Joe said........The elevated PSA was found thru a random Blood test.........
On another note.....some years ago we built the machine that filled and capped the seeds......The dosage at the time was controlled by the length of the &quot;Seed&quot;.......anywhere from .090 to .140 in length.........the body was .030 diameter .003 wall Titanium tubing and after filling with the radiation medium ....the ends were capped off with some caps that would resemble smooth pop bottle caps......again .003 wall Titanium..........the seeds are inserted thru a special tool that resembles a needle......That way they were able to get the Radiation exactly where it was needed............Some of this Medical stuff is interesting......

The Best things in life......Aren't Things