Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 PM

Default - I have your '67 SS, 4spd, Chevelle, 396, MTR.

-Howdy. Throwing out a line to try and connect with the cars current owner, I have your 1967 SS, 4spd, Chevelle, 396, 325hp Motor. I heard he may be around still but unable to connect with anyone, last whereabouts of the car was Mount lake Terrace in N Seattle. VN-7Z156633

-photobucket pics, stamps, castings etc,
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...evell%20motor/

-

History as I know it, I bought a altered wheelbase Nova awhile back and this was the motor they built for it, it was built in the '80's cam broke in and everything adjusted and it made a few trips up and down the street and in the driveway, then the car was taken all apart and stored, and never really much done with it over the years.

this motor was stored in a warm garage all these years, it was very dusty and looked to have been hit with WD-40, that's why it looks like crud in the one pic I hit it with carb cleaner and blew it off when I brought it home, its ready for a fresh shot of paint,

I primed the oil pump it hit 50#s immediately, I lubed the pistons and rings and walked it around by hand many times, felt smooth,, hooked up the starter and cranked it, cranks great, lifters pumped up tight, set it a TDC dropped the dist back in, pretty much ready to fire up.

it has '1969, 325/350hp heads on it a Edelbrock Torker Intake & valve covers, supposed to have a thumpin matched cam to the setup, I also have a Holley 750cfm 3310 carb that was on it at one time but is off and mega dusty, it was supposedly tricked by Aurora carb for you old timers that recall them they were the guys back in the day. I am not huge BB expert but I think it has a pretty rare GM deep sump pan on it as well, it looks like one some guys were talking about awhile back,

car was built right and money was not a issue things were built to move, so I believe this is a nice built motor.

that's all I know about it, $3500 firm buys it carb to pan.
I can ship through Forward Air.

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...