View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So at this point I’ve condensed about a year’s worth of work into the last post. The engine is back in the car with the trans, the frame seems like it will support it without falling apart, and I’ve put the interior back together enough that I can mount 1 seat bolt into each seat since there isn’t enough floor left to install any other hardware.

Looking at the rear one day I realize that not only is it crooked, but both spring perches look like they were eaten by a T. rex. I had purchased a NOS set of 4.44 gears for an AMC 20 months earlier. Figuring now was as good a time as any, I pulled the rear out of the car and replaced the spring perches and rebuilt the rear with new bearings and the deeper gears.

While installing the perches I found that part of my issue with the rear being crooked was that 1 perch was welded onto the rear backwards. But even after fixing that the rear is still slightly off in the back of the car. Measuring underneath shows that the mini tub job is about half an inch off. Pushing the right side tire closer to the front of the wheel opening. The next post will talk about the cars history and how I found it going back to about 1973. I’d love to trace it back further but hit a dead end. Enjoy the photos.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-16-2024), Dave Rifkin (04-17-2024), L_e_e (04-15-2024), markinnaples (04-22-2024), PeteLeathersac (04-16-2024), X66 714 (04-15-2024)