The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Seeking Suggestions (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123084)

twertsy 06-18-2013 09:31 AM

Seeking Suggestions

Well, I put this in the Pontiac area but got no advice so I'll elevate(?) to here. I'm seeking recommendations for my '70 GTO on suspension upgrades. I can't find the original engine so I'm building it the way I want it, to be driven and driven hard.

I want it to drive/ride like a modern muscle car, with a pro touring flavor. 505CI supercharged Butler going in backed with a modern 5 or 6 spd manual and GM 12 bolt rear. I've looked at the Hotchkis TVS Stage 2 but really can't seem to find any other "complete" suspension packages. Are there any other vendors offering this or similar/better setups? Experienced A body recommendations greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Todd

wheelhop 06-18-2013 10:44 AM

Re: Seeking Suggestions

Detroitspeed.com

Pulnaway 06-18-2013 12:52 PM

There are quite a few companys out there offering suspension systems. At the end of the day it depends on what your going to do with the car. I like the ridetech systems for overall handling and ride comfort. Unless you are a hardcore corner carver you will not be happy with alot of the rougher suspension systems on the street.

twertsy 06-18-2013 12:59 PM

Appreciated folks. I'm looking at this one right now. Any thoughts or warnings? No "hardcore corner carving," but I do want it to be able to handle corners with ease and without the older car "pitch and roll" on entry/exit.

Charley Lillard 06-18-2013 01:42 PM

I think that setup will do what you want. John Hotchkis is a good guy and I would have no problem listening to his suggestions.

twertsy 06-18-2013 02:36 PM

Thanks. By the way, enjoyed the first muscle car show. Beautiful cars.

427.060 06-18-2013 08:57 PM

Check with UMI Performance. Quality parts and service. Their parts are made in the US. One of their test cars is a 72 Lemans.
James

UMI Performance

SOM2001SS 06-19-2013 02:39 PM

I really like Hotchkis products. I would definitely have the Hotchkis TVS system on my Chevelle if I had the money. I have lots of Hotchkis parts on my 2001 Camaro SS.

markinnaples 06-19-2013 02:46 PM

Anyone have any experience with Ridetech?

twertsy 06-20-2013 12:56 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any experience with Ridetech? </div></div>
I guess we will find out, that's what I went with.
- ridetech front and rear coilovers front a-arms, rear upper and lower arms and drop spindles
- ridetech brand (the ridetech front sway bar is splined and comes with posi endlinks which will eliminate any bind between the sway bar and control arm)
- 4 wheel disc brakes, 11” booster, master and prop
grey powder coated calipers
drilled/slot/zinc rotors
stainless steel braided hoses
stainless steel hardline kit

I greatly appreciate all the ideas. Thank You.