Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 05-20-2005, 11:04 PM

Default "Barn Find" 69 Camaro small block < 800 miles

69 Camaro convertible small block

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...p;category=6161

Vehicle Description

1969 Camaro Convertible 307 Turbo 350 Automatic,Power Steering,Power Top,AM Radio,Rally Wheels,X-11 Trim Package and Whitewall Tires are the factory options on this one.This car has only 743.9 miles on it.It is a legend in the Cambridge Ohio area as most have heard of it but very few ever seen it.It was purchased new by an elderly lady that did not even drive.She is now 92 and in a nursing home.The car simply sat in the barn for 35 years, I have no idea when it last ran but I think it was around 1972-3.The car has its problems and does not run but it is a legitiamte 743 mile Camaro ragtop.Everything is original,the top,tires,interior,plug wires ect.Some rust starting and the engine is stuck from setting.The floors are good with a small spot or two starting,it was dealer undercoated when new.It seems everywhere the rust is there was a mouse nest.Some are amazed at the car and some expect it to be perfect which it is not but keep in mind it was barn stored for 35 years.I have the original sales form,protecto-plate and dealer invoice.It should probably be in a museum.I recomend seeing the car in person if possible.I am a stone throw from the Noble Co airport and 90 miles from Columbus.Phone calls are preferred for multiple questions 740-732-5579.

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: "Barn Find" 69 Camaro small block < 800 miles

Pretty wild... although I've seen cars with over 100k miles in better original condition.. must have been poorly stored in damp conditions. Looks pretty rusty along the bottom. Too bad the old lady didn't buy a Yenko or Phase III and decide to quit driving it in 700 miles.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:36 PM

this car was heavily discussed over at Team Camaro...most people had concerns about how much heal wear it had for the supposed low miles...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 PM

would gladly look at this car if anyone would like
Old 05-21-2005, 12:54 AM

Called the current owner on this 69 Camaro convertible yesterday. Engine has not been turned over in 20 + years. He mentioned that he poured some diesel down the carb to free up the pistons, and tried to turn it over by hand.

The title cleary states the mileage of 743.9 when the current owner bought it from the original owner. The only thing that has been replaced on it since new, is the battery. I gave him a good offer, but he said he is going to ride the auction out. And yes, there is alot of rust.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Called the current owner on this 69 Camaro convertible yesterday. Engine has not been turned over in 20 + years. He mentioned that he poured some diesel down the carb to free up the pistons, and tried to turn it over by hand.

The title cleary states the mileage of 743.9 when the current owner bought it from the original owner. The only thing that has been replaced on it since new. is the battery. I gave him a good offer, but he said he is going to ride the auction out. And yes, there is alot of rust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony we both know that dont mean diddly, it is/was just a milage statement, sure he wants it to be 743 and the old gal did not know what she was sighning when he laid out the paperwork to release interest...now if she has service records indicating milage up until it was parked you may have something...if there was paperwork I am sure he would have listed it to prove his claim.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony we both know that dont mean diddly, it is/was just a milage statement, sure he wants it to be 743 and the old gal did not know what she was sighning when he laid out the paperwork to release interest...now if she has service records indicating milage up until it was parked you may have something...if there was paperwork I am sure he would have listed it to prove his claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we both agree that it don't mean diddly Bud. I was just stating what the owner told me on the phone, but I am still skeptical. This is not the first low mileage 69 I have been interested in, but I would need some kind of concrete proof that it has the represented mileage stated in the auction.

The owner told me that some people know the car around the area, and say that the mileage is original and correct. Well, that is not good enough for me, I would need more proof than that to convince me.

I lost interest after that comment, and after telling me that he poured diesel down the carb. Of course the engine would have to be rebuilt, but who knows what else he did to it in order to try and start it.

It is a very plain "base model" 69 ragtop, standard blue interior without the Z23 interior option, and no console. It is a X11/Z21 exterior optioned 69, but aside from that, there are no other added options.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:53 AM

Looks like the original steering wheel to me.There shouldn't be any wear on the front grain.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:01 AM

Tony sorry did not mean to come of so rough...I am in a really bad mood today, my Dad has personal problems going on and its affecting the whole family.

Bud.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:13 AM

Low mileage or not , the WHOLE car needs replaced/rebuilt to do it right. Restoring a Supercar in this shape yes, but a plain Jane no. IMO.