Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Other Events

Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default A HUGE thank you...BKH

I just returned from my family vacation and just wanted to say thanks to all that attended the Hi-Performance Showroom at GM Carlisle. So many people helped out with this idea to recreate a 60's showroom. Caleb Arone gets an "atta boy" for his wonderful window art. That set the mood for the entire place. One thing we heard over and over all weekend was that the building just had that "feel". Hard to describe it, but it was VERY comfortable. It was important to me to have the showroom a place for people to get up and close to the cars, not like in some glass walled museum. Every owner agreed to the no rope idea, and it worked just fine. Seeing younger kids sitting in a Yenko Camaro or Gibb Nova and seeing their smiles as Dad/Mom took pictures is in a word "awesome". So many hard core enthusiast were under, in and around the cars taking pictures and talking with owners. That was just as good as it gets.

When I first had this idea, and pitched it to Joe, Frank and the rest of the SCW gang, it was just another crazy idea, but it gained strength fast. Once I made the contact with Rick Markko at Carlisle events, and he confirmed I wasn't just another empty promise, things really got moving. Within just a few days we had a completed roster on his desk, and it was a go. And with Helen Gibb committing to the show, well it just doesn't get any better. The people, cars, and the setting were just perfect. Better than I could have imagined it. Walking around the room all you heard was "WOW do you believe this"? from the crowd. When you walked the infield you could overhear people telling other people "Did you see building "G"? it's unbelievable.

Guys like Nick and Jeff Morroco, doing whatever they were asked to do, helping with every aspect including helping getting cars to the event, My buddy Keith Howard who made two trips to get cars to the event. Joe, Frank and Franny for their everyday help. Shor for the banners, Jeff Murphy for the cool used car flag and dealer items. Just a few of the guys that made it run so smooth. Owners bringing coolers of drinks and snacks for the entire core was just like family, because it is. A sort of Yenko Reunion East. Guys looked out for other guys cars while they cruised the Carlisle show fields, but I heard not ONE bad story.

Frank and I attend a luncheon Saturday afternoon given by Carlisle Events. Before lunch, Rick Markko spoke and introduced some of the big name guests. Right at the end of his speech he introduced Frank and I to our surprise. He went on and on about building '"G". He was so impressed with the cars and people, he invited us back again during his address. I will give it some thought, but if you want to see this event turn into a yearly thing, I think its ours to lose.

Once again thanks to each and every one that helped. It was great to see everyone once again and meet board members, some who even volunteered to help out next time. I even was told by more than a few that this was the only reason they came. I talked from guys from Ireland, England and almost every state in the union. I think we did something right!..BKH
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 AM

Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,881 Posts
Default Re: A HUGE thank you...BKH

You did indeed do something right! Thanks for sharing your thoughts...and it was cool to see...even though it was just the pictures!

Thanks to everyone who posted pics so that the rest of us could check it out as well!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 AM

Brian, a huge thanks to you for the vision and execution of this event. I had a great time.

Thanks,
Don

66 GTO, Tri power, Fact. A/C, 4 speed
65 Corvette, L-76, Conv., Fact. A/C
63 Corvette SWC
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 AM

Brian, As Don has already said thank you for putting this event together. I also had a great time.
Grady
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Great effort. Most impressive. Thanks for all of your effort!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:12 PM

If you want to set up a "Used" Car lot outside for "Older" cars.....I'll bring the 66 Biscayne next year.....LOL....

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM

The display was the absolute best thing about the Carlisle GM Nationals, I'm sure I speak for others in hoping you do it again next year, thanks Brian
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Congrates to you all. Looked great. I hope everybody had a good time!!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM

And thanks to YOU, BKH, for getting this thing together. It was well worth my trip!

You asked me just before you left on Saturday whether you could take the ZL-1 next year. Absolutely. I expect to see it parked front and center at the 2nd Annual sYc East Reunion.

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Good to hear that the Hi-Performance showroom was so well received, not only by the many spectators, but the show promoters as well.

Hats off to the crew from the SCW as as well as the many members who pitched in to make the showcase so special.

With the SCR, the Gibb show and the MCACN in the Middle part of the US, I think it would be neat if this should become a regular on the sYc club calendar, giving folks on the East coast a chance to see what we are really about. While there are several shows out East that cater to "supercars", none, until now, have been able to capture the atmoshere that abounds when members of the sYc put on an event.

sYc East Reunion...hum...has a nice ring to it.