Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-05-2022, 03:06 PM

Default 1968 SS Camaro L35 M20

This is a hard ad to write. I’m selling my 1968 SS Camaro that I’ve owned since 1990.
The car is missing orig engine and trans. The current engine is a 1971 396 with about 18K miles, balanced and blue printed, close to stock rebuild. Has not been driven in about 13 years.
Corvette Bronze, black vinyl top, standard black bucket interior, built in Van Nuys 01C.
Fairly rust free but has some accident damage that needs repair (sheet metal to repair goes with car)
Options: L35, M20, power disc brakes, console, gauges, tilt wheel, trim groups, positraction, AM radio
Comes with dated components, complete smog, complete factory shifter, set of 5 XG dated rally wheels (K17 11 30 on all 5). Have MW engine, T1129MW with heads, intake, wp, exhaust manifolds
Some components already restored (alternator, distributor, power brake booster, master cylinder, horns). Front end suspension was redone years ago.
$25K for all of it. This will be a sharp car. All the hard work to find the dated components is done.
Martin Foltz
Orange County CA
Attached Images

George Olsen Chevrolet San Francisco
The Following User Says Thank You to 68SSCamaro For This Useful Post:
John (01-10-2022)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry My Camaro small.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-05-2022, 03:11 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Hi Martin, I hope everything is okay.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:18 PM

House flooded and we have to move. We were planning on moving to FL later this year but now it's happening sooner. I can't take the car to FL with all the parts.
Thanks, Martin
Old 01-05-2022, 03:20 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Ah, okay. Good luck on the move as well.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:04 PM

Thanks. Original plan was to sell house and buy another one with space to work on the car. Now we're going to have to rent a house and no room for all the parts. Our house will probably be in repairs thru the summer if what they tell me is correct. Martin
Old 01-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Sent you a PM.Tom
Old 01-05-2022, 10:41 PM

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SSCamaro View Post
Thanks. Original plan was to sell house and buy another one with space to work on the car. Now we're going to have to rent a house and no room for all the parts. Our house will probably be in repairs thru the summer if what they tell me is correct. Martin

Damn, that sucks. No one you know can store the car for you ?

What part of FL ? We've been looking at double wides on acreage in the Homosassa area for fairly "cheap" as a winter get away. There seems to be plenty to rent too, with room for a garage or already has one.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Old 01-06-2022, 05:11 AM

Moving to Sarasota. If the car was all together it would be different, but I have the dated MW engine in pieces and many correct parts that aren't on the car. Nice doors, wheels, all the repair sheet metal, etc. Just too much to move along with the car. If I can't sell it, I'll have it shipped to FL later this year when we sell our house.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:55 AM

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts

Yep, a non runner in pieces is more of a challenge to move. My '67 was in pieces when we moved 2.5 yrs ago, but the drivetrain was intact. I threw it together quick to load and move, but I own the trailer and only moved 12 miles, not clear across the country.
We are going to Sarasota next month for our annual getaway. Looks like a nice area with plenty of activities.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Old 01-10-2022, 01:02 AM

It's a complete car. Just hasn't been started in a long time. Flush the gas tank and new carb (rebuilt 3310-1 included) and it should run. But it does need restoration. Has most parts to put back to original.
T1129MW block, matching heads, intake, exhaust manifolds (879 is a couple days after the engine build if I remember correctly), water pump. Also crank, rods, harmonic balancer, flywheel.
Correct and dated: '211 carb, smog pump, starter. Correct dated rebuilt alternator, distributor.
Original correct valve covers. All the smog with pulley and check valves restored. Dated tower clamps, hoses, diverter valve. All pieces correct.
Radiator is dated.
5 XG rally wheels, K17 11 30
Rebuilt power brake booster and master cylinder. Calipers rebuilt a long time ago and one might be leaking. Front end suspension rebuilt years ago.
M20 does pop out of 4th gear when deceleration so needs rebuild. Comes with dated main case. Factory 4-speed shifter with correct big block hardware.
Rebuilt dated horns.
Most of these parts are hard to find and expensive. Hard to put this together today.
Rust/bondo/dent free doors that are nicer than the ones on the car. Front sheet metal is all GM.
Has traction bars but have shock plates to go back to factory.
Worst accident damage is the panel that goes from the firewall to the door mounting panel. This is spot welded and I have a rust-free piece. Back tail panel has some bondo and RS taillight holes added but have GM tail panel if needed to repair. Someone threw a driveshaft (rear) and it bent up the hump. I have a piece cut out of another Camaro. Speaker panel behind back seat, someone cut them out to drop speakers in from the top. Have panel to repair (also small pieces to just fix the speaker areas. Back window leaks in one corner so probably some rust there. Driver's rocker has had a section welded in.
Trying to be honest. Not many fairly rust-free cars out there like this one. Still needs some body panel replacements/repairs. Martin