Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Default 1969 Yenko Camaro tribute

1969 Yenko Camaro tribute, Rottiserie restored from an Arizona rust free car (all original body panels), lots of date coded factory parts, every nut and bolt is NEW. 454 block with L72 (date coded heads) snowflake intake and 427 crank, M-21 4-speed (date coded), 410 geared rear (date coded). Beautiful $10k Hugger orange paint with white stripes. Super straight body panels and perfect gaps. Highly detailed engine compartment and undercarriage with correct markings. A true number 1 quality showcar that is trailor worthy. It has won Best of Show and first place at almost every show entered. Car comes with your choice or rims: Torq Thrusts with polyglas tires or Rally wheels with BFG tires. Click link for dozens of detailed photos. Asking $59k. Please call Ray for any questions or addtional photos 508-822-0603. Please no silly posts or comments about whats not right or perfectly correct or done to your taste!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1587179...7604538277405/

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Default Re: 1969 Yenko Camaro tribute

link does not work
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Sharp car. Good luck!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM

Fixed LInk, click here for more pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1587179...7604538277405/
Old 09-12-2008, 03:04 AM

there is just something about a BB hanging from a chain
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you guys but I don't trust four little bolts in aluminum holding a 700lb BB Chevy.

BTW great looking car. Good luck with the sale.

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 09-12-2008, 06:00 AM

Is this the car Pat built?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:06 AM

Yes, this car was built and restored by Pats pro autobody in wisconsin.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you guys but I don't trust four little bolts in aluminum holding a 700lb BB Chevy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here…maybe this will help you sleep better at night. I’m not sure of the specific type of aluminum that the manifold is made out of so we’ll assume it’s 6063-T5 aluminum for this example and that the carb studs are the typical 5/16-18 and made of SAE Grade 2 Steel.
The first thing to determine is how far the stud goes into the aluminum…in this particular example the threaded depth at which the stud and the aluminum can handle the same amount of force (tension) is 0.385 inches. At that depth the mathematical failure will occur at 1551 pounds (for one fastener). If the stud is turned in further the stud is the weakest link (will fail at 1551 pounds) and if the stud is turned in less the aluminum will fail first (at less than 1551 determined by the actual threaded depth).
So in theory you would only need one carb stud to hold up the engine and I’m sure the manufacturer of that plate that connects the engine to the engine hoist ran the calculation otherwise I could definitely see a lawsuit if the engines were falling off the plate.
It is important to note that the above information assumes a purely static loading (just hanging there) with the stud concentric to the threaded hole. But if the engine is swinging it’s a different scenario because you’re adding dynamic loading which may add shear stresses among other things…but I would think you’re still pretty safe as long as you’re not swinging the engine like a kid on playground swing.
Disclosure…each situation is unique and many factors play a role for component failure in real world applications such as thread condition and material used…the above example is for information/entertainment only and is not to be used as a basis or justification for doing something stupid.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here…maybe this will help you sleep better at night. I’m not sure of the specific type of aluminum that the manifold is made out of so we’ll assume it’s 6063-T5 aluminum for this example and that the carb studs are the typical 5/16-18 and made of SAE Grade 2 Steel.
The first thing to determine is how far the stud goes into the aluminum…in this particular example the threaded depth at which the stud and the aluminum can handle the same amount of force (tension) is 0.385 inches. At that depth the mathematical failure will occur at 1551 pounds (for one fastener). If the stud is turned in further the stud is the weakest link (will fail at 1551 pounds) and if the stud is turned in less the aluminum will fail first (at less than 1551 determined by the actual threaded depth).
So in theory you would only need one carb stud to hold up the engine and I’m sure the manufacturer of that plate that connects the engine to the engine hoist ran the calculation otherwise I could definitely see a lawsuit if the engines were falling off the plate.
It is important to note that the above information assumes a purely static loading (just hanging there) with the stud concentric to the threaded hole. But if the engine is swinging it’s a different scenario because you’re adding dynamic loading which may add shear stresses among other things…but I would think you’re still pretty safe as long as you’re not swinging the engine like a kid on playground swing.
Disclosure…each situation is unique and many factors play a role for component failure in real world applications such as thread condition and material used…the above example is for information/entertainment only and is not to be used as a basis or justification for doing something stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you were an engineer I used to have a CNC Machine shop.