Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts
Default Re: Barrett Jackson is on fire

Does anyone know if that LS6 Chevelle convert. is legit ? Where is Chris White when we need him.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:36 AM

It sold at 2013 bj for 148500 w the buyer fee so id say its a clone or at most a real car with no proof

No Fisher priced toys here
Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: classicgary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wonder how many spectators were there to see how their old car did in the auction? I know a B J auction was on my bucket list, and i wanted to &quot;check up&quot; on my old Camaro. It didn't make Pratt alot of money................and now that it's been &quot;outed&quot; as a re-body, (finally), it's just a VERY NICE driver, IMO. </div></div>

Didn't you mean.. 'your old VIN, cowl plate, and paperwork'??? Nothing else from your 'old car' is there anymore is there?? It's a 'rebodied' car, with 'restoration drivetrain'... whatever the h*ll that is....
int 720 Paint 72 B
owned since Apr'76
Old 01-22-2015, 07:58 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HO455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what happened to this 1971 Olds 442 …it seems to have disappeared from the auction. This was the nicest Olds in the auction in my opinion. It was restored by Troy Thornton but it appears he pulled it from the auction. Maybe he sold it before it was set to be auctioned?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-181077

I loved the 1969 Trans Am Prototype – I saw it at the Muscle Car Nationals and it was incredible. It should have pulled a lot more. But many of these rich guys it seems only care about the convertibles.
</div></div>

Seller got cold feet backed out of the sale. What is a car like it worth?

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com
Old 01-22-2015, 08:03 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HO455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what happened to this 1971 Olds 442 …it seems to have disappeared from the auction. This was the nicest Olds in the auction in my opinion. It was restored by Troy Thornton but it appears he pulled it from the auction. Maybe he sold it before it was set to be auctioned?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-181077 </div></div>

I know there were paperwork issues with a red W30 vert they did in 2013 - doctored docs if you will (not Thornton's fault) - same thing? Or maybe it just sold on the floor before the stage? Is that possible at BJ? Anyways there was much commentary in 2013 in a BJ thread here on the docs for the 357k(!!) W30 red vert but, lo and behold, all negative commentary has since been stripped from the thread...sometimes this site is funny like that - certain cars are &quot;protected&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

It is not that car for sure.

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com
Old 01-22-2015, 11:31 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HO455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what happened to this 1971 Olds 442 …it seems to have disappeared from the auction. This was the nicest Olds in the auction in my opinion. It was restored by Troy Thornton but it appears he pulled it from the auction. Maybe he sold it before it was set to be auctioned?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-181077 </div></div>

I know there were paperwork issues with a red W30 vert they did in 2013 - doctored docs if you will (not Thornton's fault) - same thing? Or maybe it just sold on the floor before the stage? Is that possible at BJ? Anyways there was much commentary in 2013 in a BJ thread here on the docs for the 357k(!!) W30 red vert but, lo and behold, all negative commentary has since been stripped from the thread...sometimes this site is funny like that - certain cars are &quot;protected&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

Tracker1...I'm trying to get a handle on you accusing us of deleting info on the bogus W30 and us protecting certain cars ....If anything got deleted on the W30 it was probably deleted because it was some kind of non factual bashing. Does anyone else remember any of this ? And I would also like to know about the certain cars that are &quot;protected&quot;. I work my ass off trying to keep this a site people can rely on and would like to think that we don't do what you are accusing us of. Please elaborate.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:20 AM

This thread:

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/513814/2

On page 2, I commented about how 357K was nuts for the red W30 convertible that went through BJ in 2013 (my comment is still there). I distinctly remember and will swear on my son's life that a couple of well-known &quot;muscle car retailers&quot; on this site came back very quickly in that thread to say that no, this was an accurate price for such a car, with a tone insinuating I didn't know what I was talking about (often true, but not in this instance). Then it blew up because someone else pointed out that the car had been found to have &quot;questionable docs&quot; as in aged and/or manipulated and/or outright falsified. Several people commented on it...but not me (I don't do tol-ya-so's) or the two respected sellers of muscle cars. All of this IS GONE from this thread. And I tell ya, IT WAS THERE in 2013. My comment about &quot;protected&quot; wasn't aimed at the administration of the site - that would be conspiracy theory and I don't do those either - it was aimed at those who want certain cars to maintain values and will protect the value of those cars if they happen to be in their inventory. At least that is what it felt like to me in 2013 on this particular thread.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:33 AM

Charley, very sorry, mea culpa. I posted the wrong thread and upon further research have found the thread where I also commented on the same W30 convertible....and the comments from the retailers are still there. My bad. I told you there were times I don't know what I'm talking about. I will take my turn behind the woodshed. Apologies to all.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:01 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread:

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/513814/2

On page 2, I commented about how 357K was nuts for the red W30 convertible that went through BJ in 2013 (my comment is still there). I distinctly remember and will swear on my son's life that a couple of well-known &quot;muscle car retailers&quot; on this site came back very quickly in that thread to say that no, this was an accurate price for such a car</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charley, very sorry, mea culpa. I posted the wrong thread and upon further research have found the thread where I also commented on the same W30 convertible....and the comments from the retailers are still there. My bad. I told you there were times I don't know what I'm talking about. I will take my turn behind the woodshed. Apologies to all. </div></div>

But, You swore on your son's life.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:06 AM

We all make mistakes [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw