Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 08-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,600 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarojoe View Post
That's cool as hell. I'd have to guess it's about the best example of a 1994 Camaro on the planet.
Agreed!
2013 Corvette Grand Sport 60th Anniversary
-Delivered to Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet, IL
NCRS#66003

“Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don’t.”-Pete Seeger

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to dykstra For This Useful Post:
Bigbirdxx (08-05-2022)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Some additional info, and some already mentioned, that may be of interest regarding this 1LE Camaro.

Shipping. Three alternatives are available by ship (excluding air-freight, fast but quite expensive). Roll-On/Roll-Off (most economical) vehicle is driven on and off the ship, parked inside the ship and secured by straps, Shared Container Service (higher cost) vehicle will be secured by straps in a fully enclosed 40ft container with other vehicles or Full Container Load (highest cost) secured by straps in a fully enclosed 20ft container dedicated solely to the vehicle.

A careful search would of course be needed to obtain a correct quote for the shipping, including insurance and any adm fees that may be charged. Various factors affect the cost of shipping a car i.e. distance, measurement of the car, shipping weight, popularity of the shipping route, method of shipping and price of fuel. This is not a quote but to perhaps get an idea pricing seem to normally be in a range of $2000-$3500, from Sweden to the US east coast (New York). For container shipping expect a transit time of at least 30 days, Roll-on/Roll-off about half of that.

As for US Customs, EPA and NHTSA there shouldn’t be too much interest for this car as it’s more than 25 years old, you do however need to fill out the needed documents as well as present relevant documentation for the car (which all is going with it). Fees/taxes were paid with the car being registered and titled in Michigan in 1994. Original blue/white MI license plate (reading “MY Z”) is by the way also going with the car. In any case this 1LE is factory stock and the factory applied labels on the car shows it conforms to all applicable US requirements on the date of manufacture.

The salesman at Berger Chevrolet handling the ordering/purchase of the 1LE, now working for Kool Chevrolet, Grand Rapids MI, may recall this Sweden bound Camaro, some 30 years later. I have not been in contact with him, last time I saw him was at Berger in 1997 (I believe).

Inspection of the 1LE can be made by a car/vehicle organization/club, certified inspector or similar over here, if not a personal inspection is deemed feasible. Many pictures are available, and more pictures can be taken on request. I do have links to relevant US authorities' info (as far as I know) on importing as well as documents, which may be of help.

Thanks
Ove
Attached Images