Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-19-2022, 06:13 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 662 Posts

In my opinion, finally someone takes a moderate stance on the future.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...ous/?source=nl

Quote:
Automakers have been constantly one-upping each other recently, trying to convince the public that they alone are the most serious about EVs. But BMW CEO Oliver Zipse seems to think that is going too far. In a roundtable interview reported by Reuters, Zipse cautioned that automakers shouldn't get too reliant on all-electric strategies that only work in select markets.

"When you look at the technology coming out, the EV push, we must be careful because at the same time, you increase dependency on very few countries," Zipse told reporters, according to Reuters. EVs are primarily popular in highly developed markets like China and Europe and also depend on raw materials that flow mostly through China. And as the pandemic and current trade sanctions on Russia show, depending too much on any one set of market conditions or single chain in a supply line can be dangerous.
John 10:30
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
67since67 (04-19-2022), 70 copo (04-19-2022), lbnaz (04-22-2022), L_e_e (04-19-2022), olredalert (04-19-2022), PeteLeathersac (04-20-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 10:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,935 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinnaples View Post
While my DD was at the dealership last week getting scheduled service, it was related to me that the Audi dealership in Omaha sent a customer from Western Nebraska out the door in a new E-Tron, with instructions on where to get it charged. When he got there the charging station was "Out of order". They sent a roll-back out to retrieve him back to Omaha for plan "B".

Also, when the boat went down, they only lost one A4. - Bill W
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
70 copo (04-19-2022), markinnaples (04-20-2022), PeteLeathersac (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinnaples View Post
Great article.....thanks Mark.

I find it sad and enlightening that a European CEO (remember the EU countries are always leading the Green charge) has to remind us here in North America about this scary immediate push to covert to EV. There are so many obstacles that will need to be addressed such as our inadequate power production capacity and the grid. Any idea how long this will take to improve?

Not to be a smart ass, but when you decide to build a new road somewhere and it's the first day of the construction process, do you first have the tractor trailers show up with asphalt? Nope........a pile of prep work needs to be done first before you start spreading the asphalt, right?

70copo - And the Glenn Beck and the ESG information video really worry me. Especially when I am a fat guy who loves my freedom and cherishes the ability to eat a Big Mac whenever I want. Thank you for the link.

Lord help us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CamaroNOS For This Useful Post:
lbnaz (04-22-2022), markinnaples (04-20-2022), PeteLeathersac (04-25-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

You are welcome. It has taken us literally years to get to this point with this thread but finally we are at the nub of it. A global currency reset and a social credit score for every company and every person. (ESG)

All of the woke nonsense we are seeing - including the latest from Disney (for example) all is based upon getting a favorable ESG score top to bottom.

ESG is what will be used to ultimately remove private property rights and there is an incredible amount of protest and pushback happening in Europe that's not being covered by the corporate's controlled media and that's intentional.

The Europeans being way ahead of the US in the process-are feeling the effects and seeing the writing on the wall so the good people like the BMW CEO are finally beginning to speak up.

Welcome to The World Economic Forum's Great Reset/Agenda 2030 plan.

There is a reason we left Afghanistan and left an intact airbase and billions of dollars of weapons' there because Afghanistan is estimated to have an estimated 1-2 Trillion + in unmined Lithium reserves so, the US moved out and China is moving in. China is going to mine it. Lithium mining is an environmental disaster, so the CCP will operate the mines.

Once you see and realize what is afoot globally and you read what the WEF has stated in writing (is coming for all of us) you literally cannot "unsee" it.

WHY you ask? Because to accomplish the planned currency reset you have to quit drilling for oil world wide, make it scarce and expensive - thereby and demonetizing the value of the current Petro based world wide currencies.

Then you simultaneously create an artificial demand for EV's mainly through regulation and rulemaking with the intent of finally establishing a a new world reserve currency based upon the NEW "Lithium" based World reserve currency - the Chinese YUAN.

So most of the the daily media distractions are all designed to keep everyone off balance while all of this is going on. We are waking up however.

I think that's quite enough chemotherapy for this morning.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
CamaroNOS (04-22-2022), copo69 (04-26-2022), lbnaz (04-22-2022), luzl78 (04-20-2022), L_e_e (04-20-2022), markinnaples (04-20-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 04:54 PM

Thanked 136,486 Times in 22,778 Posts

The Chevrolet Corvette is officially going electric

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/othe...0852373d4e1dc9
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 08:01 PM

Hopefully this isn't the future:
"GM Stops Offering Battery Replacement For Chevy Spark EV.
This could mean they will quickly start to disappear from the road once their original batteries are no longer usable. GM is reportedly no longer offering new packs for the electric Spark - it doesn’t have any and won’t be manufacturing them any more."
Old 04-25-2022, 10:11 PM

Thanked 3,758 Times in 1,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbavalon View Post
This could mean they will quickly start to disappear from the road once their original batteries are no longer usable. GM is reportedly no longer offering new packs for the electric Spark - it doesn’t have any and won’t be manufacturing them any more."
----What company in their right mind would follow this path. I'm sorry, this is crazy. Just walk away from good customers, the back bone of your business? I'm sorry, I don't understand this kind of doing business!.....Bill S
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
67since67 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbavalon View Post
Well at least they are not going to collect them and crush them like they did with EV-1.

The Death of GM EV-1 program in 2003 created such rage among the enthusiasts that owned the cars it caused two guys to sell an E book company to fund a start up called T E S L A and the rest as we say is "history".

One thing that GM has not changed. There has been historically NO shortage of dumb decision making at GM/gM. Without a doubt the OLD GM changed the world and indirectly gave birth to its current nemesis by abandoning the EV-1.

On balance the company remains out of touch with its core buying segment, and to survive It has to not only convert its loyal buyers to accept a product that they do not currently want, but also take market share from TESLA while doing it.

That's going to be quite a hat trick to pull off. Best of luck with that.

https://medium.com/pushtostart/the-f...1-f00e4af62f78
Old 04-25-2022, 10:22 PM

Thanked 3,935 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----What company in their right mind would follow this path. I'm sorry, this is crazy. Just walk away from good customers, the back bone of your business? I'm sorry, I don't understand this kind of doing business!.....Bill S
Isn't there a federal requirement to supply parts for ten years from manufacture??
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (04-26-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post

gM is apperently all in on the enshrinement of:

ESG

Individual Social Credit scores

and a global Lithium based digital currency reset.

View gM's actions through this lens- and it makes perfect sense.

As a matter of fact IF my income was derived from doing business with ESG leaning institutions the purchase of one or two electric cars would go along way to boosting the "environment" rating of my ESG score- thus keeping me safe and sound for that portion of my personal credit score.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (04-26-2022)