Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Repro Parts ..........An Honest overview.......

That was a good video. I've always liked dealing with Ames Performance for my Pontiac parts. They are fair about telling you the quality of the parts they sell. I have not had a bad experience with them yet.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:01 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

I don't understand why he stocks & sells those certain crap parts he spotlighted?
I get that some of those crap parts are strictly for cars that just sit and don't [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img],but I'm not about to pat him on the back.Instead I ask why as a vendor would he even stock &amp; sell em if he has to come out with a video like this,as well as leave a bad taste in some of his customers mouths over them?
Old 12-27-2016, 11:19 PM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

He somewhat stated it in his video. One reason being that the crap supplier/manufacturer is the only one making it so there are no other choices. The other reason, and I can only assume this as a fellow business owner, is because if you do not have it available for those people that are willing to buy it even though it is crap and you tell them it is crap, they will go to your competitor and buy not only the same crap part but the rest of their order as well so you lose everything. So instead, you sell him the same crap but with a mention that the part is junk and you accept no liability and sell it as well as the the rest of the customer's order. I learned that 30 years ago in retail sales. Sell the customer what they want not what you want them to buy even though you may suggest it. If the quality of the part is listed in the catalog than at that point it should be buyer beware. The exception to the above would be the starter solenoid. That is just a liability waiting to happen especially when he guarantees it will happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations