Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Next Years Power Tour Car Part 2

Took the "Beater" out to the track tonight........made 4 passes on street tires.......LOL....1st pass 12.10 @ 117, 13.65, and 12.11 @ 118 spinning the tires.......on one pass the car actually hooked pretty good and went 11.82 @ 120.........Ya Mon!!!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 07-10-2015, 01:39 AM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Time for a pair of stickies on the back! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2015, 02:31 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took the &quot;Beater&quot; out to the track tonight........made 4 passes on street tires.......LOL....1st pass 12.10 @ 117, 13.65, and 12.11 @ 118 spinning the tires.......on one pass the car actually hooked pretty good and went 11.82 @ 120.........Ya Mon!!!! </div></div>

I don't think any of your early life drag racer friends would have thought or pictured you at a drag strip running an LS Engine [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-10-2015, 03:03 AM

Thanked 5,363 Times in 1,881 Posts

And...Ken forgot to mention that the car was shifting itself... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2015, 03:22 PM

A little update on the Chevelle........Since completion in May of 2014, we have driven it on two Power Tours (Long Haul).....Did the Goodguys Hall of Fame Road Tour this year, and put on 14,240 miles in total ...........Along the way, after getting the brake issue corrected, the only other issues were a flat tire,....... a broken tail pipe hanger,......and a slight problem with the plug on the Throttle Position Sensor caused by condensation while cleaning the engine at a quarter car wash (since sealed up and corrected)..........LOL.......These LS engines are the best thing since sliced bread !!!..........But....with all Good things there is an end.........Had to pull the car into the garage and do some Heavy Maintenance to it........Changed the Oil and Filter.........Sheesh !!!!.........And .....after driving the Chevelle for a year and a half.......a new standard for &quot;Drivable&quot; torque has been established.........so.......The Impala will be upgraded and the &quot;New&quot; project will be starting shortly after the Impala is finished...........Stay Tuned.........I found the purse........LOL........

Old 09-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Thanked 5,363 Times in 1,881 Posts

Way cool!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:53 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2015, 10:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img] </div></div>

As Charley would say &quot;Nope!!!!&quot;

Old 12-18-2015, 03:40 PM

A little update........We did the Goodguys Road tour this year......Started in Denver and finished in Bowling Green Ky.......Just after leaving the venue on the start of the tour, we didn't get 10 miles and I got a flat tire on the Highway......Passenger rear.......the tire was non fixable, but Luckily Goolsby Customs had a trailer along just for these situations.......So...we get it loaded up and we drive to a Costco (this was on Sunday so we didn't have too many options)........Costco had the Michelien tire in the same size but not the same model.......Put it on and started driving........Drove 180 miles to the hotel for the night and caught up with everyone........but, as I was getting of the highway and made a turn into the motel.........the rear end was &quot;chattering&quot; like crazy.........Humm!!!.....I figured that there might be a slight difference in tire size as the other tire had a couple burnouts and 12,000 miles on it......and that was causing some issues with the Posi unit........so...I started calling around trying to find another tire and still keep with the group........No Luck.......It ended up that some days we drove 300-500 miles ....so , there wasn't a lot of time to deal with this issue......I was able to buy some more posi additive and add it to the rear to add a little more lubricity to the clutches.......That worked a little better as most of the &quot;Chatter&quot; was now gone.......when we finally got home (2000 miles)I measured the circumference of the tires......the result was that after figuring it out ........every mile traveled the old tire rotated 7 times more than the new tire.....and after draining out the old fluid which probably got very hot with the clutches fighting each other.......I could see it was all discolored.....so I put all new tires on the car , but........Now I have a rear end howl.......Time to get everything replaced &quot;Again&quot;....Just a word of caution for others..........

Ken

Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,168 Times in 920 Posts

I believe that car is possessed!