Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 09-29-2023, 02:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawperformance View Post
I have a 69 Z28 Hugger Orange with lacquer that was painted in 1988. I purchased lacquer 15-20 years ago that still matches the car if I touch up a nick.

I'm not doubting what your saying especially with white, but if I get lucky I'll try some old stock lacquer.
I don't doubt that at all. I should have been more clear. My experience with "self darkening" paints was white and beige. Both were stored in attached garages without climate control, so being exposed to heat (Oklahoma) may have been a factor.

I painted my Z in 2012. The stripes are Dover white, and I am getting ready to find out if the left over lacquer paint is still a match. Keeping my fingers crossed. At least it has been in a climate controlled environment. Maybe I have a chance.

On another note, I know that GM used different paint codes in different years for paint that may be identical. Anyone know if 1969 Dover White is the same as 1966 Ermine White?