Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 AM

Default Re: bogus 1969 435 car comming up at barrett jacks

[ QUOTE ]
Barrett-Jackson brings together a thousand cars for people to shop from. They advertise the heck out of them. There is no way for them to do a complete exam on each car. They do refund money and charge the seller both commissions if the buyer shows that the seller mis-represented the car. If they are warned ahead of time about a car such as this Vette they will probably do something but we can't expect them to take a car apart looking at hidden vins, research history etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Said! Barrett Jackson is a auction co. period! they put on the plate what is brought to them, BJ is in the business of dead presidents. They do a good job of picking nice cars, the buyer is responsible to inspect the vehicle and verify before bidding. Now if a seller misrepresent's a vehicle I would hope a potential Buyer - Bidder has enough knowledge of what they might be potentially buying or bidding on, and give a good examination before biddig Due Diligence, I feel the auction house no matter who it is, is to say you get a good deal or not, Know what you purchase! The original thread was about a man saying "This Is The Real Deal" when clearly not! There are alot of sellers out there for the buck and are not good at all for the community and just passing crap, I feel it is good to inform people of such vehicles and or parts, But to hold a auction co. accountable for a scam on behalf of a seller and a buyer NOT doing their due diligense is obsurd. Do your work before you purchase The original car in question sounds to be fake, I feel it is good within reason to inform on vehicles and keep unknowledgeable potential buyes aware. Now that's said its friday easter weeking time for a beer.....
Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

The Vette just sold for $60,000. Minus the 8% the seller pays BJ. Plus the cost to get it there, hotels food, entry fees, etc. He probably walked away with Low 50's.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:36 PM

I hope the new owner knows what he got,otherwise the vicious cycle goes on..