Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pontiac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2022, 11:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1970 GTO Judge Rear Defog / Speaker Questions **70 GTO OWNERS**

Hoping some can help with a few questions. It appears in several Pontiac Parts Books that there may have been 2 different style Rear Defogger setups used in this model year.
It looks like there is the system that bolts to the rear seat divider with the plastic 90 deg duct and the long rectangular grill right behind the seat
OR
there may be the more common style style that mounts under the package tray with the rectangular grill mounted in center?? grill with NO cut of corner??
WHAT DO YOU HAVE OUT THERE and what is the build date of your car...
Was this a change from early to late?
To add to the questions, my car has an 8 track which automatically gave it the single rear speaker...If you had rear Defog with the package tray mount does this put the speaker off to the passenger side?
If the car had the Seat Divider mounted Motor does the speaker go back in the center?
I know this is a lengthy question but i know there are some knowledgable 70 people out there so i am hoping to get some good info.
My Car is a 10D built RAIV Judge...
Thanks in advance for any help...Posted this on the PY Forums as well but.....think I may get some better info here...
RA
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Unknown.jpeg Unknown-1.jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.06.54 PM.jpg IMG_1585.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...