Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: She's Home (Ribbon COPO)

Rich,

I was hoping you'd be able to bring the 67. I wasn't sure how long the lend-lease progam was going to last. That car is great and everyone will certainly enjoy it.

Looking forward to the show.

Phil Woj.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:26 PM

Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,159 Posts

Any success in locating the buildsheet?
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 AM

As curious as I am, I think I'm gonna wait to tear the interior apart until winter. I want to enjoy it a bit "as is" first... I get a funny feeling that if I go from 99.9% sure to 100%... I'll have 100 things going thru my head about what to do with it, and doing burnouts in front of my house may no longer be one of them!

I know my brother had the front seat recovered when he owned it, and my friend had the backseat and drivers door panel out, and I think he pulled some carpet back while he owned it, and neither found a thing. I'm not expecting much from my search, but I will try.

Not to mention the guy who owned it in the 70's (who says he still has a shoebox full of stuff) had it apart to paint, so I suspect if there was one, he found it. I have to stop by and try again to score this box from him.

I plan on hitting the ACES show in Westlake, so maybe a few of you can take a closer look at it yourself and see what you think. And tomorrow's the last T-ball game, so starting next Tuesday I should be at Solon weather permitting.

There's a show on Rt. 8 in Northfield on Wednesdays (Mr. Chicken), and last week my brother found three different people there who remembers this car from the 70's and 80's before we owned it, so it'll be cool to have them check it out too. Its a paint job that is hard to forget.

For whatever reason, even though my friend owned it for 11 years, and we built the motor together for it, the only appearances he made with it were to Thompson a couple of Sundays. Never went to any car shows in it. Its a shame that it was hidden for so long. I plan on changing that.

One other question, did any COPOs come with power steering? That is the only thing I miss from my LeMans, although it is nice having power disks now (my Pontiac had manual drums).
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM
SCR Sponsor

Yes, power steering was an option which could be ordered on 1969 COPO 9562 Chevelles. You would need to use a deep grove pulley which was the same part for L78s, as well as L72s.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:59 AM

Its been a while, but I've finally had time to get her up in the air to snap a pic of the tube stamp.

Not sure how clear the pic is, but it appears to be KQ 0518B... which I assume means May 18th? Was it stamped on the assembly line, or when the axle was made?

The build date on my trim tag is 05D, which I think is the 4th week of May? So they appear to jive with each other if my assumptions are right.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rich,

I was hoping you'd be able to bring the 67. I wasn't sure how long the lend-lease progam was going to last. That car is great and everyone will certainly enjoy it.

Looking forward to the show.

Phil Woj.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, looks like Frank may take the 67 to the show.. He was talking about maybe getting a room also.. I told him I would take it if he didn't...

Rich