Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

No. The car evidently went from the zone office in buffalo to the 2nd dealer 6hrs away. I don't know when that occurred and I'll probably will never know . Love following and finding out the history of the cars, especially special ordered high performance ones.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my letter, I do not know whether to laugh or cry [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

6/23/69, Dealer code 1, Zone 79 (Hawaii), Dealer Name: GM overseas Distribution

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with that!

I bought the car in north NJ in 82 and it had a Seton Hall University sticker on the window. This car really traveled! LA to Hawaii to NJ!!! </div></div>

There was a GM Overseas Division based out of New York City or that area. I think they had offices in multiple areas but the main one was in NY. I had a pop from a 67 Balto Chevelle and the dealer stamp was from the NY office and the owner lived in Wisconsin. I've seen a Chevelle build sheet that was charged to the same office then shipped to a dealer in the tri-state area. It's quite possible the info they gave you was who the car was charged to but it may have been shipped to a NJ dealer. </div></div>

The middle of 69, NOR was producing plenty of Camaros, If someone wanted one from NJ, it would have come from NOR IMHO. But someone from Hawaii would have gotten one from Van Nuys. That part makes sense to me, but the next step in my search eludes me. </div></div>

I believe due to a strike the LOS plant stopped production prior to June of 69, so the Norwood plant would have been the only source. I know of many Norwood built cars sold in California in the June time frame. I have the specifics of why and when the Los plant shut down somewhere.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-09-2014, 03:10 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone show a photo of this Document,
You can blank out the important info.
Just curious to see if it looks exactly like the corvette ones or not. </div></div>

This post has pic of one. http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.p....180;topicseen </div></div>

I have seen that Corvette one before, just want to see if the Camaro or Chevelle ones are a little different. Can someone post a photo from a Chevelle.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:30 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any info on Auran Chevrolet, in Minot ND?

Thanks Roy and the NCRS the the great info!!!! </div></div>

Auran was the Chevrolet dealer in Minot, ND years ago. They sponsored a class legal 66 SS396 L-78 chevelle back in 1966 and 1967. Later sold and named Jim Ryan Chevrolet. Auran sold a lot of muscle cars in Minot because of the large air base located north of town.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Why are they missing the '69 Camaro's produced from 9N508855 to 9N587275? Wonder if those will ever be found.......
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 AM

Steve, My Car is actually one of the 900 or so, LA strike cars (built after the strike ended with parts on hand). The TT is 05A and in my research, I had figured mine would be close to the front when they restarted the plant sometime in June. The 6/23/69 ship date proves this. I would be surprised if an order by a serviceman would have been held up a month by the strike, when they could have sourced it from NOR, but stranger things could have happened.

If you have more info on the strike you wish to share, it would be much appreciated.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsixman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any info on Auran Chevrolet, in Minot ND?

Thanks Roy and the NCRS the the great info!!!! </div></div>

Auran was the Chevrolet dealer in Minot, ND years ago. They sponsored a class legal 66 SS396 L-78 chevelle back in 1966 and 1967. Later sold and named Jim Ryan Chevrolet. Auran sold a lot of muscle cars in Minot because of the large air base located north of town. </div></div>

Thanks for the info. Looks like from what I saw on line the owner died in a car crash in 73 and then was bought buy Ryan and still in business today'
Old 05-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drew Papsun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received mine today #32 &amp; 34 yes!!!!!, well sort of. I now have the zones, but the dealer info is limited.

Car 1 provided Zone 15 Dealer 339, but dealer name and address records are insufficient.. So if anyone has info on that zone and dealer it would be appreciated. Produced 9/8/69

My other car is zone 11 Dealer 372 and list dealer as Max Meyers Motors in Middlebury , IN. Now when I go to their data base and plug the #'s its show McManus Chevy, Chicago , IL 1970. Produced 4/2/69

I really appreciate the information, but for me the dealer info is inconclusive. Thanks again Roy, and good luck to others searching for dealer info.

BTW if anyone else has info on the zones listed above, I would appreciate that.

Hello Steve,
I have some information from 1977 of zone 15 dealer 339.
Jay Chevrolet
301 South Burntmill Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
I can not tell you this is the same information for the year of 1969.
Regards,
Drew Papsun

</div></div> </div></div>

Drew, thank you I just received a second confirmation that my was delivered to Jay Chevrolet. Now I do feel like a 10 year old kid on Christmas morning. The search continues for me and all my fellow passionate enthusiast seeking delivery and ownership history on their cars.

My understanding is that zones and dealer # changed rather routinely for a variety of reason so its critical that you tie the delivery date with the zone and dealer information. A good example is my Indy Pace Car produced on 4/2/69 shipped to zone 11 Dealer 372, Max Meyers Chevrolet, IN and this same zone and dealer # changed in 1970 to McManus Cheverolet, IL. I'm learning like everyone else but it appears as zone reps changed and/or were promoted their territories changed which affected the zone and dealer #'s.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-09-2014, 02:02 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Do we want to start a separate thread that people list their Zone-dealer info ? Not the car, just the zone info.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do we want to start a separate thread that people list their Zone-dealer info ? Not the car, just the zone info. </div></div>

I would.. Photos of the dealerships would be cool too -to the extent they can be found.