Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luzl78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's cool it was from the Buffalo zone. Typically, the zone office was the charge to dealer and the car was shipped to a local deal for the new car prep work. Usually were cars ordered by zone reps or owners of dealers. If the file on your car showed zone 12, dealer 0....then are these records actually the dealer (location) charged instead of where it was shipped? (Most were the same)

Not sure I've ever seen a car shipped directly to the zone office as per the docs.

Warren </div></div>the 2nd dealer was not a local dealer near the zone </div></div>350 miles

How far away was it from Buffalo? </div></div>
Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 AM

Hmmm.... Maybe after it was sold used to the first retail owner, that owner traded it in at the 2nd hi perf dealership you mentioned
Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 AM

Can someone show a photo of this Document,
You can blank out the important info.
Just curious to see if it looks exactly like the corvette ones or not.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm.... Maybe after it was sold used to the first retail owner, that owner traded it in at the 2nd hi perf dealership you mentioned </div></div>i don't know if the person who ordered it at the buffalo zone office traded it in at the 2nd dealership that was 6 hrs away?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my letter, I do not know whether to laugh or cry [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

6/23/69, Dealer code 1, Zone 79 (Hawaii), Dealer Name: GM overseas Distribution

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with that!

I bought the car in north NJ in 82 and it had a Seton Hall University sticker on the window. This car really traveled! LA to Hawaii to NJ!!! </div></div>

There was a GM Overseas Division based out of New York City or that area. I think they had offices in multiple areas but the main one was in NY. I had a pop from a 67 Balto Chevelle and the dealer stamp was from the NY office and the owner lived in Wisconsin. I've seen a Chevelle build sheet that was charged to the same office then shipped to a dealer in the tri-state area. It's quite possible the info they gave you was who the car was charged to but it may have been shipped to a NJ dealer. </div></div>

The middle of 69, NOR was producing plenty of Camaros, If someone wanted one from NJ, it would have come from NOR IMHO. But someone from Hawaii would have gotten one from Van Nuys. That part makes sense to me, but the next step in my search eludes me.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone show a photo of this Document,
You can blank out the important info.
Just curious to see if it looks exactly like the corvette ones or not. </div></div>

This post has pic of one. http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.p....180;topicseen
Old 05-09-2014, 02:21 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luzl78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm.... Maybe after it was sold used to the first retail owner, that owner traded it in at the 2nd hi perf dealership you mentioned </div></div>i don't know if the person who ordered it at the buffalo zone office traded it in at the 2nd dealership that was 6 hrs away? </div></div>

Well the car was probably originally driven by some executive then after 3K miles or so, the car was offered to a local dealership that sold it to &quot;the first retail owner&quot;. Maybe that owner moved 6 hours away.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:27 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luzl78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm.... Maybe after it was sold used to the first retail owner, that owner traded it in at the 2nd hi perf dealership you mentioned </div></div>i don't know if the person who ordered it at the buffalo zone office traded it in at the 2nd dealership that was 6 hrs away? </div></div>

Well the car was probably originally driven by some executive then after 3K miles or so, the car was offered to a local dealership that sold it to &quot;the first retail owner&quot;. Maybe that owner moved 6 hours away. </div></div>

Could have even gone to a dealer auction after the xxxxx miles, much like a lease car does today and been picked up by a dealer or individual.

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com
Old 05-09-2014, 02:28 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luzl78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm.... Maybe after it was sold used to the first retail owner, that owner traded it in at the 2nd hi perf dealership you mentioned </div></div>i don't know if the person who ordered it at the buffalo zone office traded it in at the 2nd dealership that was 6 hrs away? </div></div>

Well the car was probably originally driven by some executive then after 3K miles or so, the car was offered to a local dealership that sold it to &quot;the first retail owner&quot;. Maybe that owner moved 6 hours away. </div></div>original dealer name plate from 6 hrs away was on the car
Old 05-09-2014, 02:44 AM

do you know if that dealer was in the Buffalo Zone? I'm guessing it wasn't