Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2019, 05:34 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts
Default Rest in Peace my dear friend Dave Lindsley

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this.

I found out that one of the BEST guys in the car hobby passed away, Dave Lindsley. His wife Madeline (also known as Bird) was his "everything" and Dave was her everything. It was amazing to see them together. They celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary this past November....and according to both of them, they were in love from the start.

Dave taught me a lot about people and about friendships-and to value the ones that mean a lot to me and to not worry about the rest. He taught me that it's okay to express affection to a guy (Dave, I loved you like a brother!). Dave was a very humble and giving person too-I wish people could know Dave like we did.

I was able to call NovaJoe, Mark Sheppard, Dan Vasic and George Lyons and Mark did me a favor and called Dana Hurt to let them know of Dave's passing.

Sorry I had to call with such bad news, but it gave us time to talk and I valued that time more than you could ever know. It was nice to relive some of the stories about Dave and some of his escapades as well...

Dave was VERY active in the SoCal car community-and will be deeply missed. I talked to Bird tonight and there may be a celebration of his life-but she's not sure when. Once I find out, I will let you all know

Here's a fairly recent picture from the Enderle Center show...From left to right Mark Sheppard, Holly, Dave Lindsley and NovaJoe Camuglia. Till we meet again my friend...
Attached Images

Last edited by Xplantdad; 03-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Z28DL.jpg tn_march 26 2017 2.jpg tn_march 26 2017 1.jpg david.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...