Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts
Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

Todd:

I use the Sec. of State website regularly for other purposes.

I think what you are seeing here: https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInfo...?id=1900242926

is the beginning of Alan Merrell purchasing the business from Seltzer. Merrell took over the business in 72, used a start up corp with the name (Seltzer) in it, with permission from the previous owner(s), and operated for a short period of time as Seltzer Chevrolet before changing the name to Alan Merrell Chevrolet. So, the info is a bit misleading.

I have no idea how the business was titled before then. Could have been a sole proprietorship or a partnership, but no records with the S.O.S.

The SOS doesn't license every business in Oklahoma. If you type in my name, you will see Lynn J. Bilodeau PLLC starting operation on May 15, 2009. I operated my own law office for 13 years as a sole proprietorship prior to May 2009, but nothing was registered with the sos until I formed my professional llc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twertsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get most of my data from the state business licensing websites. If you search &quot;Chevrolet&quot; in OK, you get this list. If you click on the record ID, it will tell you when the license was granted. It is a LOT of data. Unfortunately, you can't get a query that shows the dates on the main page (results of the prior link) so you have to click on every one individually. It doesn't provide zone/dealer# either. I put it all in a spreadsheet and sorted by date licensed/alphabetically to make assumptions on what &quot;could&quot; be the dealer number based on known ones from NCRS and the chevelle site. You can create your own search (like Seltzer) here. I suppose if one wanted to pay the nominal fee, you could retrieve a more comprehensive list from the state. Hope that helps! </div></div>
Old 10-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Seltzer

http://archive.newsok.com/Repository...e=english-skin

Not linking, but you can copy and paste. Ad from Jan 12, 1969.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Todd:

I use the Sec. of State website regularly for other purposes.

I think what you are seeing here: https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInfo...?id=1900242926

is the beginning of Alan Merrell purchasing the business from Seltzer. Merrell took over the business in 72, used a start up corp with the name (Seltzer) in it, with permission from the previous owner(s), and operated for a short period of time as Seltzer Chevrolet before changing the name to Alan Merrell Chevrolet. So, the info is a bit misleading.

I have no idea how the business was titled before then. Could have been a sole proprietorship or a partnership, but no records with the S.O.S.

The SOS doesn't license every business in Oklahoma. If you type in my name, you will see Lynn J. Bilodeau PLLC starting operation on May 15, 2009. I operated my own law office for 13 years as a sole proprietorship prior to May 2009, but nothing was registered with the sos until I formed my professional llc.

</div></div>

Yup, it only makes that list if/when you are issued a business license by the state I guess. Unfortunately, you don't get that kind of ownership/name change information save for local knowledge. I have identified several dealers correctly for people using this method though. Also, if the business name did not include &quot;Chevrolet&quot; it makes the search much more difficult! Thankfully, most did.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:14 PM

This Is my NCRS report on 1969 Camaro pace car. The dealer code comes up to Tom Naquin Chevrolet in Elkhart, Indiana but the report says Phillips Petroleum. What do you guys think? Thanks Bob
Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Tom Naquin Chevrolet in still operating in Elkhart. Might give them a call. Address and phone, 2500 W Lexington Ave, Elkhart, IN 46514, 574-584-3290

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Thanked 1,597 Times in 491 Posts

Same thing happened to me...they sent me the dealer/zone code and a dealer name that wasn't correct. Turns out the codes were apparently correct.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 10-21-2014, 07:55 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69hurstSC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">W/O going through all 62 pages, does this cover the El Camino? </div></div>

Yes its the same as Chevelle.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:09 PM

Anything new with getting information for cars that originally didn't have historical documents?
Old 10-21-2014, 08:19 PM

I supposed it is possible that Phillips owned the dealership in Indiana.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carleen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69hurstSC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">W/O going through all 62 pages, does this cover the El Camino? </div></div>

Yes its the same as Chevelle. </div></div>