Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 05-17-2023, 02:20 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hah. That’s awesome!! Sounds like a great all round package.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:42 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

So I just decided to change my oil since I put 1,000 more miles on the car since the last (first) oil change at 500 miles. I'm glad I did.

I pull the belly pans off and see there a lot of drippage under the oil cooler drainplug. And I go to check the drain plug and it it finger tight. YEaH! and that is after I did the oil drain and change last time and made sure I torqued the factory drainplug to spec. That OEM drainplug is going into the "archive box" and I am swapping it with a real magnetic one that has a real one-time-use, gasket and not the molded rubber pseudo-gasket on the factory piece. It's M12x1.75 in case you're wondering. Ugh!
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 05-31-2023 at 02:47 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (05-31-2023), olredalert (06-06-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 02:46 AM

Just before the oil change, I spent a leisurely half hour under the car and drained the diff fluid to send a sample off to Blackstone Labs. Three weeks ago I installed two magnetic M16 drain plugs (fill and drain are the same size). And when I pulled them out today, the drain plug had a 3/8' thick dome of powdered black metal on it. Nothing gritty or sharp but obviously this thing makes a mess when the new differential get run in and contaminates the oil with the metal residue as it wears in.

So Blackstone Labs is getting the diff sample and the engine oil sample so we can keep the info on record for any future use.

Last edited by njsteve; 05-31-2023 at 03:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (05-31-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:44 AM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/dodge-...-one-more-ride
Old 06-06-2023, 12:14 PM

Out of curiosity I went and checked this out. It looks like there’s some of the challengers available but the demon looks pretty sold out, no surprise. So besides the demon which is the one to order?
Old 06-06-2023, 10:20 PM

Pretty much the only Hellcat left that is orderable at this point is the 717 hp in automatic or newly available 6 speed manual in narrow or widebody. These are the Hellcat Jailbreak Narrow Body and Widebody: HCJBNB/HCJBWB. But you have to find a dealer that has an allocation. You can place a non-allocated order at any dealer but that order gets lowest priority - maybe a 10% chance of getting built?

All the Redeye REJBNB 797hp and REJBWB 807 hp orders are sold out as of 3/31/23 and the 1025hp Demon170 sold out in a couple days with added markups up to $300K (A-HOLE DEALERS!)
This is the website that has the allocations but it is so badly maintained by dodge that it is pretty much useless. https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator

The entire 2023 model year has been a CF and a feeding frenzy for the dealers and their added markups since dodge publicly released all the allocations at once, back in October. The dealers then said if that's all we are getting then we will set the following insane extra charges if you want one from us. Dodge has basically murdered its entire customer goodwill with its most important customer base at this point. They will have nothing to sell in 2024: The Hornet, Ram trucks and Jeeps. That's it! No Chargers, Challengers or Chrysler 300s as the only plant that makes them is converting to EVs.

An added bonus is that the 2023s being delivered have been plagued with defective, bottom-of-the-bin, parts. I know three guys that have bought and taken delivery of Redeyes. All three cars had major parts failures. One had the special Redeye dual fuel pump fail at delivery! The car had 11 miles and he only found out when the transport company that delivered it 500 miles from the selling dealer, unloaded it and he tried to drive it into his garage. That fuel pump has been on national back order for a year. Only by a miracle did he find one and his original dealer got it overnighted to his home dealer. Another guy had an injector failure and his car is in the shop as we speak. He at least got a few thousand miles on his first.

One more thing: on any given day they are not allowing specific options to be ordered based on lack of parts. You can't order a shaker hood for your 392 Scat Pack any more. The option was completely dropped. And there are almost no optional wheels available any more for the cars. They used to have half a dozen choices. And they have dropped interior color choices as well.

If you are looking for one, go for a 2022 or earlier. There are tons of 2021's and 2022s sitting on dealer lots at MSRP or below because of all the hype for the "Last Call" 2023s. If you have your heart set on a Hellcat with a stick, they made them from 2015 to 2019 in the 707/717hp form. (the more recent 717hp engine is the same as the 707 but came with electric power steering that freed up an additional 10hp) No Redeyes came with a stick because the Tremec trans is barely even rated to handle the power of the 707 hp engine.

And avoid anything that has been modified. Dodge scans every one of these cars that comes in for a warranty job to see if there is a buried security code that has been tripped and shows it has been altered in any way with an aftermarket tune. The car then gets blacklisted and you are SOL. Some bonehead recently was all over social media about how his muffler delete caused him to lose the $34,000 warranty repair. Boo-hoo-hoo all over Instagram, youtube, etc., until dodge released the internal data scan from his ECU that showed he had installed an aftermarket tune that fried his engine and then tried to remove it and cover his tracks. The "victim" has been radio silent since that day.

This is the latest production count combined with allocation count:
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 06-06-2023 at 11:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (06-09-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:03 PM

P.S. I love our 2022 Triple Redeye. I turned out to be one-of-one built as a '22 Redeye Narrow Body in Octane Red with Demonic Red interior and the granite pocket wheels. We took it to a couple cruise nights last week and it has 1717 miles on it now!

Me and the boy are looking for an older model 2009 to 2015 Challenger R/T with a manual trans to replace his Camaro so he can learn how to drive a stick so I can eventually give him the Viper one of these decades. But he has to be proficient first. The manual trans Challenger is perfect since they use basically same 6-speed transmission as the Viper.

Anyone got one they want to get rid of?

(This photo was taken the other day at my buddy's garage when another customer came in with a 392 Scat Pack Shaker Challenger.)
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 06-06-2023 at 11:58 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
427TJ (06-08-2023), markinnaples (06-09-2023), olredalert (06-07-2023), RPOLS3 (06-09-2023), Tenney (06-07-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:48 PM

Thx!!
Old 06-08-2023, 07:46 PM

I decided to swap out the flat black gas door with a chrome one. Sure looks a lot snazzier. I like how it compliments the silver wheels. Took all of a minute to swap them. Very easy job.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (06-09-2023), olredalert (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 06:26 PM

That was fast!

Well, it looks like the Fairy CarFather has blessed us here in New Jersey!

Last Friday, I was driving home and got 1/4 mile from my house when I see a Toxic Orange 2011 Challenger R/T parked on my neighbor's lawn. He was taking photos of it. I'd never seen the car before and like me, he has lived here 20+ years. I didn't think much of it until Saturday when I was perusing the facebook marketplace and I SEE THAT EXACT CAR in a listing that just popped up! And it's a 5.7 with a manual transmission, 3.92 Super Track Pack and the Boston Acoustic Stereo! And it has only 24,000 miles. And it is all of 6 houses away from our house!

It's completely original and stock other than muffler delete and a Mopar Performance cold air kit. Absolutely perfect condition. He is moving to Florida this week and needed to sell it NOW since he was building a new house there and had no place to park it while the house was being built. Great guy. His girlfriend was not happy he was selling it, but warmed up to us after we all got talking.

The car is perfect, other than the 7 year-old Goodyears (with 100% tread left on them). Luckily we happen to have my Redeye's original Pirellis and a new set of Brass Monkey Redeye wheels that should fit nicely.

He bought the car back in 2015 with 8,500 miles on it from a friend. No accidents ever. All original paint. Sold new at Dover Dodge in New Jersey in 2011.

My son has been sitting in it ever since I picked it up this morning, practicing his shifting and clutch pedaling in the garage. (and making fake engine noises)

BTW, this is the second neighborhood car I've bought in the past 15 years. The other one was a yellow 1987 IROC-Z parked under a carport, that I would jog past every morning for 5 years. The day I finally walked into his driveway was the exact moment he was walking out of his garage with a for sale sign in hand, to put in the window. I yelled "SOLD" from the end of his driveway and we both had a laugh. Got that one for a good price, too.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
Crush (06-10-2023), L_e_e (06-09-2023), Tenney (06-10-2023)