Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-09-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Re: DANA Chevrolet 1967 Trans Am Camaro

I have taken this car to the Runoffs twice in B/P. It also was there once in A/P with the second owner before I got it.

It was bought new by a Colby Hillman of Ohio and has been a race car all its life. (I still have the original title) It was driven on the street for the first year and that is all. It still has all of its original bodywork and frame. It was a blue car when new but is now Red.

I was on the crew of Herb Forrest of Tulsa that ran in the trans am series back in '76 - '80 and I was his body and paint man. I saw this car at The Ponca City Grand Prix and then again at the Trans Am race at Hallett and the then owner Mitch Lambert said he was going to sell it after the race as a roller. I bought it and have had a hell of a good time with the ole gal.

I qualified it 2 nd in MW division, for the Runoffs in Atlanta GA. in '81 when there was a huge protest of every car in the class but mine over the hoods. I got away with it because mine was a stock L-88 that came on the car.

In the race I got spun out on someones water when they blew a motor in the short straight before the back straight.

I still finished but down in class.

I also ran it in ASR and was 2 nd in division and got the invite again in '83. Not competive again a Lola on that long track.

My logbooks for it show it winning lots of races in A/P.
I can turn almost as fast a time with a small block as they were with the BB. Especially on tight short tracks.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: DANA Chevrolet 1967 Trans Am Camaro

Nice documentation. I wish I had the complete history on my DANA/Lynch Camaro. It sounds like you have really enjoyed the car. I hope I get to see it someday and maybe even race against it in the future.

Mike
Big Mike, DANA T/A #2, '69 L89 IMSA, '76 DeKon Monza, '70 LS5 Conv.