Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-10-2019, 05:15 AM

What evidence is there that it's the last issue?

I bet there's one more.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:44 AM

A little while ago, the kids took over popular culture. They were into Elvis' gyrations, hot rods, and poodle skirts. The Beatles changed the paradigm once again and, for once, kids felt they could change the world.

Now those very same kids are complaining the world is changing.

Different cultures handle age differently. Look at Japan and how they revere the elderly. In America, youth culture still dominates.

But that doesn't mean you're not a viable part of the populace. Boomers still rule as the largest demographic and psychographic. But we like the new in America. The new can come from you, if you're up to the task of embracing the new--the choice is yours.

That being said, nothing beats a magazine, but we shouldn't be surprised. What's surprising is how swift the axe was used for so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Undertaker View Post
This is a sign of the times.....These opinions represented here are opinions of the author of this original post. Form your own conclusions. Thank you, Don.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442w30 View Post
What evidence is there that it's the last issue?

I bet there's one more.

Unfortunately, everything happened very quickly, as we know, and I have heard that this is indeed the last one. There was a February issue planned but it won't be produced, and since it was all a surprise, there's no "final issue" banner or a "goodbye" editorial. It's just done. No chance to say anything in print about it. Sad.

But, I'm also told that the brand will live online. So there's that.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
442w30 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 06:00 AM

Print needs lead time. Things were sent to the presses awhile ago. I could be wrong, but I'd hold out for one more issue.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442w30 View Post
Print needs lead time. Things were sent to the presses awhile ago. I could be wrong, but I'd hold out for one more issue.
Agreed, there is a lead time and until Friday I understand that it was business as usual until The Bad News broke and with that news, the February print issue production was halted. I (also) wish that wasn’t the case and that it was handled differently but it wasn’t unfortunately. They’ll likely address it within their online presence at their first opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
442w30 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 04:09 PM

There will be a few more issues, I believe March will be the end.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
Just heard it from the horses mouth a few minutes ago and very sad indeed. Call me old school but I am not nor do I ever intend to read any publication on the net including the newspaper. My loss but it just does not suit me so I chose to not go there. From a business standpoint I think it is likely a smart move as it is a huge cost saver but I think it is one of the last nails in the coffin for the collector automotive enthusiast. Very sad indeed. I have over 4000 magazines and MCR from its very first issue when it was called by a different name. Sad indeed.
I'm on the same page. If they don't print it, I won't be reading it. I don't spend that much time on the internet and avoid social media. I barely know how to use a smart phone (not because I'm dumb, I just don't have a lot of interest in it). So if that's the only way to view that stuff, then they won't have my subscriptions anymore. Figures they'd keep the one I got rid of years ago (hot rod) I got tired of the big brake big wheel slam on the ground stuff they seemed to dwell on so that went bye bye.

What urked me was that they tacked $5.99 onto the magazine bill without asking me. Noticed the upcharge on the bank statement. Turned out they were already charging me for the computer version of the magazines that I wasn't even using, all the while still getting the paper version in the mail. So I cancelled that.

Last edited by x33rs; 12-11-2019 at 09:06 PM.