Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Morehouse LS6 Chevelle

Car has NOS Generals on it now. I believe Joe and Sam are related, I was so tempted to buy that car this last January if only it was a 4 speed...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,605 Posts

-----Rick,,,I remember the "Bill Jacobs" employee, but just cant remember his name (maybe Horace???). Nice guy also. He bought the car from Richard B. RB was my partner on the car but bought me out after the insurance (which was in his name) paid out. One of the best body guys I ever saw repaired the car. He has unfortunatly passed and I never saw it repaired until it showed up at Mecums (Arlington, the year of the 65 Corvettes) needing paint (clear had cracked) and fluff-work..........Bill S
Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

Rick M. told me his father ordered the car for him.When he went to take delivery @ Krumpholz in the Spring of 70,he didn't like the roof to 1/4 leaded seams being so visible,so he told the service dept. to grind & repaint that area to hide it better..They said that's how it was made from the factory and not there fault.He agreed but wanted it to look better so they did it and charged him for it.His Father worked in the service dept. too.
Rick M. has some really nice vintage photos of Oswego,as well as some familiar names there like Ken Barnhardt & his ZL-1.
The stories and escapades Rick M. has with owning this car are incredible.Some are unbelievable,but all true.A really nice guy who I wanted to see get this car back.
This car was really badly damaged back then far worse then most first thought.The front end took it hard in the center & front pass. side,trailing all the way back to the pass. side rear 1/4,touching everything inbetween.
Vic Studer at Victorian Autobody here in Lockport was the bodyman/painter in 1979 who made it look factory again after the accident.Vic was ahead of his time in detail work and developed quite a distinguished reputation from his loyal customers.He was also color blind.
I was looking for some 1970 Chevelle parts recently,and heard through the grapevine a pretty good cache of NOS was for sale.It turned out to be Horace & I bought everything he had..He really kept good records & pix of everything he did & bought for this Chevelle throughout the years he owned it.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
------It surfaces again!!! I was so surprized when I noticed that Terbeek (or someone he is tied up with) owned it as of Russo/Steele time last Jan. Dont know if it sold down there or not. Yup,,,I was the second owner. You couldnt find a better guy than Rick Morehouse. We talked at a Mecum auction recently and he hasnt changed a bit. Just another one of the great Chicago area guys that I consider a friend. The car,,,What can I say??? It looks better than when I had it and certainly better than when I sold it,,, wrecked!!!!!! Fortunatly, owners after me were kind to it and it has led a pampered life since. Those are some great pics that I have never seen before. Please remember me to Rick when you see him next........Bill S

------Car came with Generals, by the way. Two were on the front and the spare was in the trunk. Even back in 1979/80 I couldnt find any more to put the car totally back to original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talked with Rick this morning and gave him your hello, and of course we talked for about a half hour about the car and others. He stated he had a bunch of photos from back then from Oswego and I offered to scan them in for him. He is bringing them to me on Monday and I will post when I get them scanned in.

Paul
Old 07-12-2008, 08:05 AM

-------Vic Studer,,,Thanks Rick thats the name I was trying to remember. Vic really was ahead of his time. Nobody I know in the Chicago area could come close to matching him and he was color-blind. He used to have to get his wife to come out and check weather he was using the right color. He could get the shade absolutely perfect but he sometimes got completely the wrong color and if someone didnt check he would never know until someone other than him saw it. He did a 3.5 71 Mercedes convert for us onetime in black. You guys would have just had to see the paint to believe it. I believe he could have rivaled Junior if people in the Chicago area would have been willing to pay him the premium.......Bill S
Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 PM

I'm confused about something. When was the car "wrecked"? Back in the 1970's, or more recently? I thought it was all original.

DVD's for Musclecar fans! MusclecarFilms.com
Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused about something. When was the car "wrecked"? Back in the 1970's, or more recently? I thought it was all original.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is all original with the exception of a frame on restoration
Old 07-13-2008, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But mr70 stated:

[ QUOTE ]
The stories and escapades Rick M. has with owning this car are incredible.Some are unbelievable,but all true.A really nice guy who I wanted to see get this car back. This car was really badly damaged back then far worse then most first thought.The front end took it hard in the center & front pass. side,trailing all the way back to the pass. side rear 1/4,touching everything inbetween.
Vic Studer at Victorian Autobody here in Lockport was the bodyman/painter in 1979 who made it look factory again after the accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how can it be "all original" if it was wrecked? The standup board (in the car show photo) says "original paint, trunk", etc. If it's had a frame up resto, then it's NOT original paint, and has had body panels replaced due to an accident, correct?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But mr70 stated:

[ QUOTE ]
The stories and escapades Rick M. has with owning this car are incredible.Some are unbelievable,but all true.A really nice guy who I wanted to see get this car back. This car was really badly damaged back then far worse then most first thought.The front end took it hard in the center & front pass. side,trailing all the way back to the pass. side rear 1/4,touching everything inbetween.
Vic Studer at Victorian Autobody here in Lockport was the bodyman/painter in 1979 who made it look factory again after the accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how can it be "all original" if it was wrecked? The standup board (in the car show photo) says "original paint, trunk", etc. If it's had a frame up resto, then it's NOT original paint, and has had body panels replaced due to an accident, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly,the car has been restored
Old 07-13-2008, 02:46 AM

------Apparently some significant "artists license" going on here. The car was wrecked under my partners and my ownership in 1979/80ish. Our business sponsored a Kruse auction that took place in Bolingbrook Il., and the driver who drove the car to the auction sight was hit by a drunk driver. We sold the car wrecked to Horace who had the car repaired by Vic Studer. The repair was so well done that many people have disputed the fact that it was wrecked at all, but believe me, it was. I believe Horace sold the car to someone in Mi. and then I lost track of it until i saw it at the forementioned Mecum auction several years ago. The car has passed thru several more hands since. Im not sure who had it painted but it most certainly has been painted again and fairly heavily detailed. I still like the car a bunch and would have no qualms owning it again, but that is absolutely the history after Ricks ownership.........Bill S