Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 08-06-2014, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce Pics

I'm the owner of the Citrus Green Deuce that attended the reunion. This car has a very interesting past. I'm actually the 14th owner and I have managed to talk to all the previous owners except the third owner who owned it for a year and a gentleman who only owned the car for six months. The dent in this car (referred to in earlier posts) was actually along the forward portion on the right hand side of the roof. The fourth owner was drag racing the car around midnight on a seldom traveled road. The road was divided by wood posts with cable betweet the posts. The right front tire blew out and he went off the road and broke off one of the wood posts and it crased onto the roof with the cable still attached!
70 Yenko Deuce YS#141
Old 08-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Let's see some pics please!
1978 chevy shortbed stepside
1983 chevy shortbed
1985 chevy shortbed
If a hammer and duct tape wont fix it u have electrical problems!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM

Good to hear from you Phil! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 PM

I need to figure out how to post some pictures. The car has been in a few magazines so I will look them up tonight and provide the issue dates. The best memory I have with this car is when I was able to reunite it with the 8th owner. During the history search I talked with all but two of the previous owners. I did keep in touch with a few of them over the years. The 8th owner had relatives that lived within an hour of me. He called one evening and said he was coming to Michigan and asked if he might be able to see his old car. I of course jumped at the chance to make that happen. I had the car waiting for him in the driveway so he could see it coming down the street. It was very gratifying to see the bond that once existed for a gentleman and what was once his car. You could see it on his face, the flood of memories from a time long since past. He took the car for a short drive and then I showed him the photo alblum of when I first purchased the car and the restoration process. We took pictures of the occasion and he left after and all too short of a visit. If memory serves, I believe we each had a tear in our eyes. I haven't heard from him in a while now but if he or any of the other previous owners and I should meet, I'm sure the effect would be the same.
70 Yenko Deuce YS#141
Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gearheadmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

This is a real Yenko Deuce that was in my home town. I know most of the history of the car until it was sold in 1988 -1989 and lost track of it. I am going to talk with the owner of the car when I knew it and get some more pics and see if I can pick up any more information on the car. I am sure he has alot of info on the car and prob the VIN as well.

Before you go picking up on all the things that look wrong I know many things about it.

First stripes on rear are wrong as the car had a repaint after original owner hit a mailbox after some silliness on a side street one night. My friend did not like the stripes going down and had them turned up. He swapped out the bench seat for some buckets. At the time of this pic the engine in the car is not the original and as you can see was setup for a dual quad tunnel ram.

I always told him I wanted to buy this car if he wanted to sell it. One day in 1988 I see him and he tells me he is getting married and needs cash so the Yenko is for sale. I had just bought a corvette so I did not have any cash. Assumming he wanted what it was worth at the time I told him I would need to talk with my dad and borrow the $$ until I could sell the vette. Long story short I got the OK from Dad, went back and he just sold it for less than 1/2 of what the car was worth. &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/imag...s/no.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; /&gt; He informed the new owner of where to find the original engine (sitting in a speed boat at a local body shop), last I heard they were reunited.

Does this story sound familiar to any current Deuce owner? If so I would sure like to know what happened to the car. I hope some one here has the car and it has been restored.

Gearhead. </div></div>

Here is the very same Citrus Deuce as it is today.[img]<a href="https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_014" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_014[/img]</a>
[img]<a href="https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_015" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_015[/img]</a>
[img]<a href="https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_026" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pic..._2014_026[/img]</a>
Old 09-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Old 09-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Who supplied the replacement stripe kit during restoration?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:14 AM

What happened to the Atlas mags?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:28 AM

Nice piece. I really like that color.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earntaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who supplied the replacement stripe kit during restoration? </div></div>

While we know who restored this Deuce, we do not know who supplied the stripes. Check with Duece Heaven if you need the most correct Kit.