Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
And that starter bolt... can't believe that doesn't let the starter move and slip on the flywheel teeth.
That’s next on list. I was waiting to be flamed for it and I don’t mind. Honestly, I haven’t worked on the car much to amount to anything over the last ten years. Stupid stuff I did as a teen and in my early 20s which there is no excuse for. I do recall that the bolts that came with the starter were cheap and actually stripped their threads when torqued to the spec that the starter installation instructions indicated and in a time crunch back then to put it back together, I used the only starter bolts I could from the parts store. Now that I have my own shop instead of working out of my parents single car garage, I’m able to leave it and come back if I don’t the parts I need to put it back together correctly.

I will say though, in the time it’s been on there, I haven’t had a single issue with it.

@L72Chevelle, I got the throw out bearing orientation fixed this afternoon. Sucked taking it apart but glad you pointed it out and it’s fixed correctly now.
Attached Images

COPO (10-02-2023), John Brown (10-01-2023), L72Chevelle (10-01-2023), L78_Nova (10-02-2023), napa68 (10-01-2023), PeteLeathersac (10-02-2023), Too Many Projects (10-01-2023)