Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-30-2001, 11:08 PM

Default A Nicky Camaro In NJ

My friend just told me that Future classics has a Nicky Camaro . It's on rt 88 in Lakwood NJ . Anyone know the car ?

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-30-2001, 11:12 PM

Default Re: A Nicky Camaro In NJ

Isn't that the same place that used to be called Golden State Classics? If so I would not hold my breath on it being real..............RatPack...............
Old 12-30-2001, 11:30 PM

I checked this 67 Nickey out on their website and the car looks really good. I would be curious to see what they have for documentaion.........RatPack.................

I don't know how to make the link clickable but here it is: <A HREF="http://www.futureclassicsnj.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.futureclassicsnj.com

</A>
Old 12-30-2001, 11:34 PM

I called on the car. Was told it was a real Nickey. Price was $50,000, and Of course there is no paperwork?? But if I gave him my phone number, he would have the owner call me who could prove to me it is a real Nickey?? I did just to see what kind of story they would come up with. No call was ever returned to me; just as I expected.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:11 AM
SCR Sponsor

Does any one know the official accepted number of currently documented Nicky built Super Cars?
Old 12-31-2001, 02:47 AM

Hey sixtiesmuscle maybe you can answer that question. Also do you have any info on the 67 Nickey in NJ?

Stefano: lets see from what I remember there are 3 - 67 Camaro's (Tahoe Turquoise, Emerald Turquoise, and Bolero Red with a black vinyl top), a 67 Chevelle, a 69 L78 Chevelle in Maroon, a 69 Camaro Z/28 in Hugger Orange, possibly one 68 Camaro, and I have heard of two more Camaro's, one being a second gen with an L-88. I must not forget the 2 - 73 Novas that are out there. Kevin has an old drag car 69 Z-28 that has an L88 in it that the original MSO was Nickey (one badass car!). That comes to approx 12 that may exist. I may have missed one or two, sorry if I did............RatPack...........
Old 12-31-2001, 02:56 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I spoke with the owner about a month ago. He bought it a couple of years ago from that "slick Nick" guy that has been discussed here before, as a replica. There were NO docs then, and, NO docs now. He put the engine & dual quads in to make it look like the Bill Thomas test car in all the articles. It has incorrect traction bars, and no sign of ever having an electric fuel pump. Not conclusive, but, pretty telling for a real car.
It is a very nice car, for $30K maybe, as a "replica" the way HE bought it.
The orange '69 is a "questionable" car. I'm being generous at that. I'll try to talk to the guy who ran the Hi-Po department to see what he recalls about numbers.

[Edited by sixtiesmuscle (12-30-2001 at 09:56 PM).]
Old 12-31-2001, 12:27 PM

A fellow about a year ago drove up to Super Car Workshop to check out Joe's Harrell Chevelle. He said that he was working on a Nickey Camaro and felt that since Dick Harrell was involved with Nickey that the engine detail from Joe's car would be a close reference. I told him OK. After taking a ton of pictures, he told me that the car he was working on was most likley NOT a real car but he liked it very much. He had no documents. I am certain that he was from Jersery and had purchased the car from Golden Classics?. If someone has a name it may ring a bell. We found out after we helped the guy out it was a BS car. Could this be the same car?...BKH
Old 12-31-2001, 03:15 PM

I've seen a "supposedly real" Nickey 1967 Camaro here in NJ at a local car show. It was burgundy with a black interior. I'm no expert but I highly doubt that it is authentic. Some older guy was there with the car and he didn't know much about it. As far as Golden Clasics goes, it seems that everyone here already knows that they sell questionable cars at outrageous prices.
Old 12-31-2001, 03:51 PM

Must be the same car as the one they have for sale is Burgandy with a black interior..............RatPack............