Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 chevelle malibu survivor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GaryC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">X2...I like to have it myself but 2 things kill it for me, Delaware emissions test and no money. Does it have smog equipment? Probably not if it's an automatic, my 69 Impala doesn't. Now if it was a 67 Chevelle SS 4 speed console survivor I would unload my Z for that.</div></div>
Delaware emissions? On a 45 year old collector car? You guys do not have classic tags with no inspections?
Car is a steal for that money!
</div></div>

Yes, we have ANTIQUE registration. Delaware does emissions test on every car back to 1968. I went Antique for my Z and they have restrictions on that as well. The car does not require inspection as long as it's registered to me and I don't have to pay any fees. DMV mails out/or emails a paper for odometer reading and insurance verification and if I want 1 or 2 year registration. There is a mileage restriction as well, but according to my insurance agent I can drive it as much as I want as long as it's not my daily driver. Parades, shows, even if they are in California, the state doesn't quibble over that. It is a rare sight to see these cars on the road here.

See that dark hole in my sig pic in the top left corner? That is where my car stays all year round. I've put around 4000 miles on it since 2000.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:52 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a little 307 2bbl carb puts out a little less emissions than a solid lifter 780 holley carb does. </div></div>

Your probably right. I want to drive my car and for the most part I do, at night, early in the mornings after midnight...not that that makes a lot of difference. Getting something like the 67 Chevelle SS I want I can satisfy the urge I have to drive everyday and during the day and take it thru inspection without an emissions test. No problem there. When I had my Judge there was no issues. Same as my 66 Chevy II day 2 car, no problems except decibel issues.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:37 PM

I drive my stuff early Saturday mornings before the traffic lites get 5 and 6 deep with cars.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:21 PM

The reason I drive at night...too many rear end collisions around here, especially sitting waiting for a street light to turn green. The main drag thru Delaware, RT 13, is always packed with non drivers. Scares the crap out of me driving my Z during the day. Living in farm country there's no traffic after midnight for the most part, except maybe for the odd Harley kickin it wide open past the house and the drunks running their cars into somebodies corn field. The latter happens often. And then there is the Deer and other wildlife that seem to never end.