Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 06-01-2023, 11:21 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless tony View Post
I have a quick shooting story ... A friend has a farm and (quite a few years ago) invited me up for some skeet shooting. I hit one in the air. I finally figured out that it is much easier to simply wait for them to land then stroll up and POW. Others present were not impressed

Anywho ... fast forward a few years and my friend asks if I would like to bring my 13 year old nephew up for some shooting. I get permission from the sister and off we go. The drive is roughly an hour from my place. During the drive I explain to my nephew that, although this is going to be fun (his first time firing a real gun), it is a LOT harder than it looks.

Yeah, you can pretty much guess the rest ... I missed EVERY SHOT. My nephew? He literally hit his very first shot (keep in mind ... this is a MOVING target and he has never even shot a gun once in his life) and the next four. I stopped counting after the first five as it was too hard to see through the tears while I walked away in shame

I don't mind letting a kid win but this ????? ... ouch
A sidebar even further afield:

When my eldest son started driving I took him racing with me. He decided to make a few passes in his Grandmother's S10 Blazer.

You can guess where this is going: perfect light, third pass of his life. At that point I had been racing about 30 years and never had one.

He was like "...this is supposed to be hard?"

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best