Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-24-2022, 12:27 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

If that estate sale is an auction format and is relatively well publicized and you get a couple guys locked on that car, my guess is it’s gonna do a helluva lot more than it’s really worth. Some people are mystified by bidding at an auction and leave their brain at home. The “barn find” and “not run in years” will only add to the hype.
Old 07-24-2022, 01:52 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

If it has been sitting for 25 years, it needs a master cyl and four calipers, in addition to the aforementioned fluids etc. to get it running.

Let's just say that I decide a late 70s early 80s C3 is a great first car for one of my grandkids. If I am at that auction, and the description includes "running when parked 25 years ago" my max bid is $2000. Maybe less given the flaking paint. It is a crap shoot. Who knows what condition the engine is really in? Who wants to pull the motor? Add $1000 if it were a four speed; just because there are none for sale.

There are decent ones running and driving with decent paint for under $10k. They aren't horrible looking cars. But the rubber bumper is just a reminder that it is from the really sad days of "performance". I know that not every car has to be about performance (hey, I have a 69 1.1 Opel GT, so I get that), but it is a CORVETTE, and sadly it is just a reminder of the middle ages of cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28489756078...gAAOSwJZpicJhv

Last edited by Lynn; 07-24-2022 at 01:55 AM.