Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-29-2023, 02:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Doug's Headers Fitment Problems-68 Camaro 327

Installed my brand new Doug's D308 Headers on my bone stock 68 Camaro 327 Muncie 4 spd car. They look great from up top and clear the PS box. But once you get underneath the car it's a different world! Both headers are tight to the floor. The RH header collector flange is 1/4" from the floor. The LH header doesn't look like it was made for my chassis. The collector flange is hitting the floor,the header isn't even centered to the crossmember cut-out and the main body of the header is 1/2" from the frame rail. I've texted back and forth with Doug's sending pictures. It looks like they are going to send me another set but I have to produce the invoice and I've had them for 3 years in the box in my basement. These are dated Feb 2020 on the upper exhaust flange. Maybe these are Covid headers ha ha. I can't believe with all the great reviews I read I could receive a set that fits this way. I have a set of Hedman Headers on my 67 Z28 with no problems. And they do sit a little lower under the chassis. Anyone have any experiences with Doug's D308 smallblock headers good or bad? Tried several times to rotate pictures to no avail-Sorry.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_7577.jpg IMG_7576.jpg IMG_1107.jpeg IMG_1106.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-30-2023, 03:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,560 Times in 814 Posts

Attached Images

2013 Corvette Grand Sport 60th Anniversary
-Delivered to Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet, IL
NCRS#66003

“Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don’t.”-Pete Seeger

http://dykstramotorsports.weebly.com/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to dykstra For This Useful Post:
j1m68 (05-01-2023)