Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2022, 02:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Top of Firewall Paint Line

Hopefully this is an easy one but I suspect not, anyway....when I bought my 67 Z last year, it appeared to have some original paint still on it. One of those areas is where the firewall semi-gloss black ends at the top and transitions to body color. It's a Norwood car and it appears the line was masked. The Harry Mann 68 SS built in LA also has a masked line. Where the confusion comes in (for me at least) is a well-respected restorer here in Michigan seems to blow-in the transition, even spraying body color on the trim tag. If you look at a couple 67 Zs on the Heartbeat City website, you can see evidence of this. I understand that depending on the day or shift, plant workers on the same job may have done things differently but it appears the norm was a masked line perhaps specified by Fisher Body. Can anyone shed some additional light on this?

Thanks

Paul
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Screenshot 2022-04-13 172546.jpg Piscitello cowl mask-off 3.jpg Piscitello cowl mask-off 2.jpg Piscitello cowl mask-off 1.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...