Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2018, 02:23 PM
EZ Nova EZ Nova is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 823
Thanks: 8
Thanked 113 Times in 77 Posts
Default Barrett Jackson 2018 Scottsdale

Was watching last night. Now I've been there twice. My parents "winter home" is in Mesa. Dads tried to buy a time or 2 and needed to be "pre registered"?

Can someone who has bought a car there please walk me through the process of being able to go and actually BUY if there is something you like????

Planning on being there for 2019 with a friend. He's looking at buying as well. Now he's VERY WEALTHY and has said to me a couple times "lets go". We were going to go this year, but wife is expecting our first child due March 1. So timeline for this year didn't work.

I know you need some sort of bank info. But was also told you get more of a VIP treatment like passes to certain areas?? What else?

CHARLIE I know you've been there and done this!!!!

Thanks, John

I really like the '63 Acadian convertible that went through. Would have made a nice daily driver.
__________________
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
Reply With Quote
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
  #2  
Old 01-17-2018, 04:47 PM
William William is offline
Yenko Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Berlin WI USA
Posts: 2,045
Thanks: 121
Thanked 879 Times in 362 Posts
Default

All you basically need is a Bidder's Paddle.

Tier 1 includes one guest pass, two drink cards [10 each, per day] gala tickets, event catalog and a parking pass. Obviously, you & guest sit in the ring. You can go on the block and marshaling lanes with the paddle but not with only a guest pass.

Tier 2 does not include gala passes or drink cards.

Both are discounted if your app is in prior to early December. The VIP stuff is expensive and not really necessary.

There are financial requirements to get a paddle. Fairly simple; you can get a line of credit from Woodside or submit a bank letter of guarantee. All explained on the site.

There are other considerations to being there at that time. We have our flights booked by Labor Day. Rooms near WestWorld are not cheap and often book a year in advance. Getting around requires renting a car or paying for transportation. Hotels in the area offer free shuttles.

Our 10th year. The weather is great [usually...]; nothing to do but look at cars!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William For This Useful Post:
EZ Nova (01-17-2018), markinnaples (01-17-2018)
  #3  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:46 PM
EZ Nova EZ Nova is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 823
Thanks: 8
Thanked 113 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Thanks, I did get on the site and registered and now get to see the prices cars sold for. I also found some info on getting the stuff to bid.

Friend says he thought it 10 Million line of credit was enough??? He a builder/developer. I told him that won't cut it, still have hoops to jump through and other things from Bj side.
__________________
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Xplantdad's Avatar
Xplantdad Xplantdad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 31,426
Thanks: 4,563
Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
All you basically need is a Bidder's Paddle.

Tier 1 includes one guest pass, two drink cards [10 each, per day] gala tickets, event catalog and a parking pass. Obviously, you & guest sit in the ring. You can go on the block and marshaling lanes with the paddle but not with only a guest pass.

Tier 2 does not include gala passes or drink cards.

Both are discounted if your app is in prior to early December. The VIP stuff is expensive and not really necessary.

There are financial requirements to get a paddle. Fairly simple; you can get a line of credit from Woodside or submit a bank letter of guarantee. All explained on the site.

There are other considerations to being there at that time. We have our flights booked by Labor Day. Rooms near WestWorld are not cheap and often book a year in advance. Getting around requires renting a car or paying for transportation. Hotels in the area offer free shuttles.

Our 10th year. The weather is great [usually...]; nothing to do but look at cars!

20 percent chance of rain next Saturday...or 80% chance of it not raining
__________________
Bruce
Choose Life-Donate!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2018, 08:03 PM
72-SS-L48 72-SS-L48 is offline
Yenko Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York - USA
Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 161
Thanked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
20 percent chance of rain next Saturday...or 80% chance of it not raining
I love the AZ/ Scottsdale weather this time of year. Except last year when Friday became 100% chance of rain which meant 100% chance our car was soaking wet (as were we)!

Barrett is a great time though. It's unfortunate we couldn't swing it this year.

Best,
Dave
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2018, 08:31 PM
William William is offline
Yenko Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Berlin WI USA
Posts: 2,045
Thanks: 121
Thanked 879 Times in 362 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Friend says he thought it 10 Million line of credit was enough??? He a builder/developer. I told him that won't cut it, still have hoops to jump through and other things from Bj side.
Well that would depend on how many 12 cylinder Ferraris you plan to buy.

The minimum line is $30k.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.