Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 PM

Default 1969 Yenko Nova Out of Hiding.....

Of hand does anybody know what the last documented 1969 Yenko Nova that they know of or have seen run thru the auctions traded hands for. I have a very interesting story of a original owner 1969 Yenko Nova, with documentation and may not be in the registry(though I have no way to tell what is and what isn't). I am trying to set up a meeting after the holiday to view the car and hopefully take some pictures(he has the original sales papers) as well as getting the vin. The car is burnished brown and white stripe....... He's looking to change caretakers.....stay tuned for the rest of the story
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Yenko Nova Out of Hiding.....

..... You got our attention....get photos [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

If I were you I would not be waiting for after the holiday. This car merits its own holiday.

As for recent sale, this one went last year at Mecum Indy for $475,000:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=SC0512-126516
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM

There's a bit of a issue with the color.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a bit of a issue with the color. </div></div>
Never say never [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2013, 12:56 AM

I can understand the color concern. On your website you have 23 vins with colors listed. I do not know if this is gospel or not as the uncertaintee of the number produced is cloudy. That is why I want to view the car and take pictures and try to view some of the sales documentation he has. My friend says he has a picture of himself at 6yrs old sitting on the hood of the car. A Yenko is hard to mistake with very distinct stripeing. I think my friend knows a big block when he see's one as his uncles have been building cars for a long time including some prototyping for the manufacturers. As they say the proof is in the pudding. I want to see the car.........
Old 11-28-2013, 04:17 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GMC_Typhoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a bit of a issue with the color. </div></div>
Never say never [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] </div></div>

I understand that, and I don't. I've heard of Daytona yellow ones too, but no one has produced one. We restored a rally green Yenko Camaro that showed on the paperwork that it was sold without stripes, so while possible, it would be a non offered color (possibly special ordered) and not on the VIN list that is known. It will be interesting to see how the docs all line up.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:35 PM

maybe a Motion Nova
Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 AM

I have truely disheartening news from the holiday weekend. My friends father has agreed to let a potential big money buyer come and get the car to look it over. Apparently that is what took place today. They sent a hauler to pick up the car and take it to Chicago. Apparently it is some big private collector and my fear is that the car will dissappear into this private collection never to be seen again. I am still trying to get the VIN. I am hopeing to get a copy of the picture of my friend when he was 6 months not 6 years old as I stated earlier sitting on the hood. He says his mother nicknamed the car the brown bee I'm sure for the color and the yenko &quot;bee&quot; stripe. From the above reply from Duece I guess it could be a Motion car. Hopefully I'll get some more info from this meeting which I will update here as well as the VIN........I hope his dad gets the money that car deserves. Other than that I am really bummed I could not get to see it.........
Old 12-03-2013, 01:54 AM

The vulchers with the big money found the location and the owner and poof it's gone. I feel for you.