Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Cars to watch at Barrett Jackson

[ QUOTE ]
did any one @ BJ take a good look @ the 1993 camaro zl1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spent a good amount of time around the car. It was a 572 powered 5 speed Tremek car. Converted to the modern front end from 98-02. It went for $140k (ish) and sounded brute nasty. Went to a collection of about 8 ish cars bought here at Barrett.

I thought a very nice buy was $60k for a '69 z28 26k original miles, every stitch of paper, original motor/owner car. fathom/green/white stripe. Did not look like originla paint but for a Z with original tires, I was impressed with the car!

small block '67 Corvettes brought very strong money. My friend's '67 300hp Auto, blue/blue convert with pb, ps, a/c, etc brought $90k, a Bloomington Gold '67 Vette 300hp black/red auto brought $70k and a '67 convert red/white L79/M21 brought $100k with no awards. Very, very nice paperwork however!

All in all there were some quality cars but like every other BJ there were may fakes, restamps, wrong tags ect. There is a '66 390 black/red a/c Vette for sale in the BJ tent (not an auction car) with fake tags- [horrible rivets] with a restamp motor and a one piece nose is for sale at $125,000.

Prices seem educated however there were a few cars that we couldn't believe sold at prices. Like the GM Monte Carlos that brought the upwards of $50k a piece. GM did have some nice buys like a '08 Yukon XL with 10 miles on it for $20k. Brand new, not a scrap title.

All in all, nothing beats this show. It is a site to see.